What am i missing??..

-
You wouldn't have said anything? You're the one who created the thread! Two pages long....SMH

Good God, do you not understand date code restorations? Isn't the Brothers Collection just down the road from you? Do you think any of the several $1 million-plus Mopars they own have starters that were picked up off the ground in the junkyard?

mopars-at-the-brothers-collection.jpg

We get it. This isn't the neighborhood in which you play. Consider that maybe some on the forum do, and use it to search for parts correct to their project.

Good God, do you not understand date code restorations? Isn't the Brothers Collection just down the road from you? Do you think any of the several $1 million-plus Mopars they own have starters that were picked up off the ground in the junkyard?

View attachment 1716111950

We get it. This isn't the neighborhood in which you play. Consider that maybe some on the forum do, and use it to search for parts correct to their project.
The neighborhood that I play in is a bodies.... I've been to the brother's collection of course. And they have one a body, and it's a duster concept car...

The neighborhood that I play in is a bodies.... I've been to the brother's collection of course. And they have one a body, and it's a duster concept car...
I wonder what happened to their Super Stock Dart? And do you think Steve Juliano didn't use date coded parts on that Duster?

Where you at??
I think you walked by when I was talking with Russ and I must have went by the power wagon five times after that but you were not around, guess we missed each other lol.

The man already explained how he came up with his asking price, seems innocent enough. Why do we always feel the need to drag people into the open, string 'em up and burn them alive?

Yes,

And rather that going on personal rants...

...how about explaining to the seller better ways to come up with used prices on parts.

The search engine on this site for the For Sale sections is a very good tool. And gives some indication if a part sells. Just because a For Sale thread is marked "Sold" does not mean it actually sold. The seller may have just marked it sold because he wanted to stop the thread. Also if it did sell, the actual negotiated transaction selling price is not disclosed here.

Selling multiple same items for sale and sold will give you a trend you can benchmark with. Ebay is bad at benchmarking because there are sellers that leave stuff for sale for months to years waiting to hook someone desperate and not knowledgable.

Thanks for all the comments.

If you wanted to educate me, you could always PM directly. I would listen and respond.

Newbie? Yes. Owned my Dart for 6 years.

What does my age, marital status or bank account have to do with it? By the way, you missed on all three.

My internet search showed a rusty starter for $250 and a restored starter for $600. Apparently, I am way off the mark with my price. Lesson learned.

I joined this forum to learn about my car and buy and sell parts. It's been a great experience, so far. Thanks to all who have contributed to my education including Rusty. Several members have helped me directly, GTX John and 72 bluNblu. Thanks, guys.

Hoping you all have a great Fourth of July celebrating our great country.

Robert
Maybe for a 1970 date correct HEMI starter (if there’s even a for sure way to confirm that which I don’t know if there is for sure) the. sure. A 318 one, nah

As you'll notice, it's always the same smart*$$ knowitall's on here... Lol, can't imagine being that way, thinking your un-teachable or, what's worse, having the actually wisdom but being such a smug d-bag no-one takes it seriously where by missing out.
For the most part, this is a great and informative website. Just cause it say "Gold Member" doesn't mean "not a jackass" lol!

I think you walked by when I was talking with Russ and I must have went by the power wagon five times after that but you were not around, guess we missed each other lol.
I was talking to Russ right away and pass by him talking to somebody but I was on a mission to go somewhere I don't know what....
The Ignition on the truck had been acting a little wonky the last couple days, and it was really hard to start this morning. Which was very abnormal, and it did run flawless all the way out there actually better than I ever remember it running and I got about a 100 feet from my parking spot and a distributor finally died.
Ended up taking a flat bed home...

What are you missing? The seller has a starter for sale. He can ask what ever he chooses for it. If you don't agree with the price just scroll on by. Why not send him a PM and discuss the price. Don't be a troll
Correct. There just MIGHT be someone looking for THAT particular date coded starter that's willing to pay for it. Just because "we" might think it's kinda crazy means nothing. He has a right to ask what he wants just as we have the right to scroll on by.

As you'll notice, it's always the same smart*$$ knowitall's on here... Lol, can't imagine being that way, thinking your un-teachable or, what's worse, having the actually wisdom but being such a smug d-bag no-one takes it seriously where by missing out.
For the most part, this is a great and informative website. Just cause it say "Gold Member" doesn't mean "not a jackass" lol!
Hey, if you want to be an internet hero and call, people know it all's and smart asses and douchebags and smug and all that stuff, maybe you're better than me by saying that stuff..
You read the title? You read my post one and my post 6 back there?..
You said he explained himself or somebody did and I explained myself...
To keep this thread going in the negative manner...

I said what am I missing? Maybe I was missing something that I didn't know about. And everybody's trying to send me making a big dashing on somebody LOL? How about calm the hell down?.. But he can sell $400. Stock numbers matching starters all day long for all I care...
I thought there may be some kind of special golden starter that i'm missing or something...
I've said this already. I would have dropped it a long time a go But it seems you people just can't let it go, so let's just keep going here....
There aint no way I would use or buy no d*** factory smallblock starter at any price... I've taken everyone i've ever had to the scrapyard...

Hey, if you want to be an internet hero and call, people know it all's and smart asses and douchebags and smug and all that stuff, maybe you're better than me by saying that stuff..
You read the title? You read my post one and my post 6 back there?..
You said he explained himself or somebody did and I explained myself...
To keep this thread going in the negative manner...
You lost me brother, lol... I had been reading thru the comments, I notice the smugness... Not from you, actually it's like two guys I keep seeing.... It's gotta be a satisfaction thing, being in the loop, trying to stay relevant, idk... I just laugh and keep what's works.
Figured I have the extra 2 cents

You lost me brother, lol... I had been reading thru the comments, I notice the smugness... Not from you, actually it's like two guys I keep seeing.... It's gotta be a satisfaction thing, being in the loop, trying to stay relevant, idk... I just laugh and keep what's works.
Figured I have the extra 2 cents
I have at least 70 people on ignore.. I've had enough of the yay-hoo's... there's over 50k members of this forum, I'll find other friends...

-
Back