What are all these parts off of?

-

Map63Vette

Reaction score
I recently bought a car that came with quite the mis-mash of parts and now I'm trying to sort out what everything is so I can possibly sell off the stuff I don't need or stuff that doesn't fit, but I have no real idea what a lot of the stuff came off of. I have a full set of windshield trim (my car is a 67 and uses the lockstrip stuff that presses into the gasket), but the trim looks like it's for a windshield that's about 1-1.5" taller than mine (see picture below). The bottom rear window trim just doesn't quite line up. It looks like the angle is a little off or that the curve isn't constant (the bottom of my window looks like it has a slight curve all the way along the bottom but the trim is mostly straight with a single curve toward the end (again, see pictures below). The big question I have is what are the seats out of. The rear seat back panel doesn't fit. The little mounting loops that are supposed to keep the seat from coming up are too far forward on the seat and the fabric pattern is nowhere close to the rest of the car. The car was drilled to fit on the front seats (pretty sure the car was originally a bench), so they may be correct for all I know, but if anyone can tell me for sure that would be nice (sorry for the dark grainy picture). If anyone can tell me what any of these parts are off of that would be wonderful. I'd like to get a list going so I know what I have. Or if anyone is interested in anything I would consider selling them.

SSPX0186.jpg

SSPX0187.jpg

SSPX0189.jpg

SSPX0190.jpg

SSPX0191.jpg

SSPX0193.jpg

SSPX0194.jpg

SSPX0195.jpg

Trim looks like it's from a sedan. Probably the rear seat too. The buckets are 69 GT or GTS.

George

From and rear trim both? I suppose that would make sense if someone was just buying trim for a Dart and not paying attention to the model...

you can use the 4 door sedan front windshield trim on the 2 door hardtop body. the upper and lower trims interchange, the trims that run down the A pillar need to be shortened at one end.

the ones for the rear window cannot be modified to fit from the 4 door to the 2 door.

hope this helps
matt

you can use the 4 door windshield trims on the 2 door hardtop, the upper and lower trims fit just fine as is, however the trim pieces that fit the A pillar need to be shortened a little bit to mae them work on your 2 door hardtop.

my 67 barracuda has the plastic lock strip for the windshield too. i am going to use a 68/69 windshield gasket, install the 68/69 windshield trim clips for the stainless steel trims, and go that route as i dont like the way the 67 gasket and lock strips are made / designed.

hope this helps

matt

For what it's worth you might be careful. Because those sides run longer the top trim is a little narrower since the windshield pinches in. When I laid the top stuff on there was no overlap on the two since the top of the taller windshield is a little narrower.

-
Back