what are my numbers looking like?

-

DusterBoy15

THE WISE(guy) MEMBER
Reaction score
so this is going to be my set up and im jsut looking for a estimate on HP and ETS

360 motor
gasket matched heads
75 degree angle bowl work
guide work
valve work back cutting valves etc what evers included in the valve job
forged pistons
1.5 proform rockers
11/32 chrome molly push rods
doug herberts valve springs
flowtech headers long tube
flow master 40 series
2 1/2 piping
xe274 cam
3.90 gears sure grip
2500 stall or 3500 stall
rebuilt 904 with shift kit
msd 6al
msd coil
msd distrib
msd wires
holley 750 vac carb
eldy rpm air gap intake

i dont know what fuel pump?
or water pump? to run

Then later on when i get more money no were close to being done:
Super stock springs
F150 shocks
Sub frame connectors
15" wheels with 28in tall tire any were from 8in to 10in wide

i would say the forged pistons are from 8.5 to 9.1 and here are the specs on the cam

Intake Exhaust
Valve Adjustment 0 0
Gross Valve Lift 0.488 0.491
Duration At 0.006 Tappet Lift 274 286

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valve Timing At 0.006
Open Close
Intake 31 63
Exhaust 77 29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These Specs Are For The Cam Installed At 106 Intake CL
Intake Exhaust
Duration At 0.05 230 236
Lobe Lift 0.325 0.327
Lobe Separation 110

Sounds like a good street combo. I would think in the HP per cubic inch to 400hp range at 6k.

Also though I would bump the compression up a little bit. With that much cam and those gears you can run better in the 9.5 range with those pistons.

The cam is going to cut the static low end compression back some. So maybe if you go with the cometic head gaskets and cut about .020 - .030 from the heads that should get ou n the ball park. Also you may need to cut about .015 from the intake too if it does not fit to even.

ya well see thats the thing the guy i got the motor doesnt know what compression it is becasue he got it from some one else so this is jsut a guess on compression

and i jsut want to run 13 to 12.8 to say i can

wait dvjcuda is running this setup wit no port work and i have to do port work to run these numbers?? his gears are smaller also or is his cam bigger?

Car 66 barracuda
Weight 3400 w/ driver
Gear ratio 3:23
Tire diameter 26"
RPM through trap 4400
MPH through traps 108

ET 12.80

Engine CID 360
Head Type stock 78 heads
Valve size 1.88, 1.60
Head Work None
Cam Manufacturer Mopar Performance P4452992
Cam specs at 50 .474 Lift / 280 Duration
Carb type and size Two Holley 390 cfm
PV Rating 6.5
Jet sizes 51
Plug number and brand Autolite
Intake Manifold Type Edelbrock street tunnel ram
Piston Make Keith Black Hyperuetectic #107
Compression Ratio 9.8:1

Trans type 904
Trans Mods B&M Transpack
Convertor type Mopar Performance
Convertor stall 2500

Drive shaft stock or aftermarket stock 68 Cuda

Initial timing 18
Total timing 36
Total advance at what RPM 2200 - 2400

Rear end type 8 1/4 Suregrip

Word to the wise,you should'nt buy a motor if you don't know exactely whats in it..how can we give you a estimate on h.p. and e.t. if you don;t know what compression its running,as far as converters which are you going to use theres a BIG difference in a 2500 to a 3500...

i know theres a big diff thats why i dont know what one to use most likely 2500 but if i can decide maybe ill just go 3000

and all i have to do is tear the motor down and look at the pistons for any numbers

well i dont want to spend the extra money for porting the heads if i dont have to i mean i posted dvjcudas setup and hes running the times i want to run

do yourself a favor and get frame connectors in before you run it. If you cant afford them, substitute the msd for them, you can get by on a stock ignition, but not a twisted car. Besides, they'll help your car hook up better too.

ya what do you think my times would be with out the porting and valve work?

the connectors i can get if i dont do the heads

I dont think it matters what we think. Build it, run it, and when you're done, you'll either nbe happy, or disappointed. We'll support you either way. BTW, I've seen DJVs combo run. He has a bit left in it should he decide to make some changes. We've all said it before, you dont need that much to run well.

-
Back