What are some of you favorite bands?

-
I've come to the conclusion that, for the most part, gear heads are metal heads too.... Seems that a mechanical mind appreciates music that was constructed, not created by sampling and mixing other peoples ideas into something of "your own".

But really guys, some of you are still listening to Skynard & Zeppelin?
:angry7:

Yeah FASTBACK, im still stuck in the 70-80's. I think the new stuff all sounds the same. But thats just me. I was never into the headbanging thing. I started buying concert DVD's about 4 years ago and have kind of been reintroduced to the older classic stuff. It got to where I couldn't remember half the show at concerts due to one thing or another.:drinkers:

I've come to the conclusion that, for the most part, gear heads are metal heads too.... Seems that a mechanical mind appreciates music that was constructed, not created by sampling and mixing other peoples ideas into something of "your own".

I mess with programs like Acid for sampling and mixing, though I've played drums myself since the 80s. It's kind of similar to, yeah, I'd like to have the skills to design and build the ultimate muscle car from scratch. But for now I just make do with cars and parts others have designed and built...

Skynyrd, Zeppelin, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Journey, Cheap Trick, Foghat, Rush, Van Halen, etc. remind me of junior high when they were popular. I don't mind coming across them on the radio but for the most part I got burned out on metal rock.

and thats are choice

I'm actually into a lot of different music, I am not picky. Except country, can't stand (general) country. There are some good songs but mostly want me to just mute the radio. I'm into rap, hip-hop, rave/techno, classic rock, and /some/ modern rock.

I think that the majority of people that are into cars like rock music or some type of genre along those lines. I know my taste is VERY large... everything from classic rock and oldies to hardcore and metalcore. I probably listen to some of the heaviest stuff on here too minus deathmetal... I fell asleep listening to this band once... my friends think I'm nuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWggPLXeOkU

I do.

Metallica
Black Label Society
Texas Hippie Coalition
Marilyn Manson
Lyn Skn
Slayer
Led
Pink
Slipknot
Mushroomhead

Ooh...Texas Hippie Coalition and Mushroomhead. Two great bands that don't get the recognition they deserve.

Yeah, today's harder Christian artists tend to walk the fine line between pushing it down your throat and just letting the music speak. More of a difference between having a revival and just street evangelizing (which I've done a lot of in the past). One is usually done with a lot Amens and Halleluhas the other is usually done in just the topic of normal conversation. Both have their place, just depends on the group. And groups like TFK, Skillet (yup, I've heard 'em), Kutlass, TobyMac, are reaching out to the same group of people who listen to their more mainstream contemparies, like Nickleback, 3 Doors Down, etc. The message is there, but on a more subtle level as not t push people away. Personally, I will say, that DC Talks "Jesus Freak" has always been one of my favorite songs. And my older sister's kids are not Christian's but they really get into that song.

Yeah...as far as religion goes, I'm a little hard to completely categorize. I don't attend church, but I do believe in God, I pray on a daily basis...but I have my own thoughts about all of it, and feel like we should all be allowed that. So in the music, I like the songs that do reflect the artist's feelings and beliefs, but that are also open enough to be interpreted as needed, and applied to something of meaning by the listener. If you can't relate to it on any level, it's hard to fully appreciate it.

It is really neat to see what you guys are into.
My list was only the newer stuff I listen to but you can add ANY classic rock group to my list also.

I saw a lot of groups on your lists I had forgotten about but would have added to mine if I had remembered them. There are SO MANY!!!!8)

I never really got into rap though. I used to like "South Park Mexican" (SPM)
at one time, but moved on to other things.

I'm a S.P.M. fan. It's been forever since I've listened to any of their stuff, though. Thanks for the reminder!

But really guys, some of you are still listening to Skynard & Zeppelin? :angry7:

Yeah, what of it? Lynyrd Skynyrd (the original) is a must..I don't give a rat's tail what decade this is.
And anyone that can't appreciate Skynyrd can kiss my proudly Southern-born arse. :bootysha: :bootysha:

:-D

I think that the majority of people that are into cars like rock music or some type of genre along those lines. I know my taste is VERY large... everything from classic rock and oldies to hardcore and metalcore. I probably listen to some of the heaviest stuff on here too minus deathmetal... I fell asleep listening to this band once... my friends think I'm nuts.

I hear ya. I'm frequently lulled into a peaceful sleep by music and sounds that most people can't even imagine being relaxed by.

But really guys, some of you are still listening to Skynard & Zeppelin? :angry7:

Just remember that some of us are still listening to SIR Robert Plant now....:-D

I could go with just about anything listed so far, I especially love "hair" metal but my favorite three of all time and in order:

Alice Cooper
Dean Martin
Jimmy Buffett

I am not trying to be rude here, but you are mistaken. Many hip hop artists do sample, but making a sample sound like a different piece of work is an art. I have tried, and am still learning. But I am also learning to play the guitar. Many Hip Hop artists (that I listen to) travel with a live band. Many play different instruments. But the music I listen to rarely gets radio play unless it's a small station. I like music for the art and joy of it...but mostly what you hear on tv and radio is not good, as far as rap is concerned. Just my $0.02

-
Back