What are the best pan gaskets these days ?

-

jerry6

Banned
Reaction score
Have a damn leak again , must have happened removing and putting back the engine after the heads and dyno pull . Getting really tired of these leaks , just had the gaskets , plus rear crank seal changed last year , so far valve covers don't leak , just the drivers side corner of the pan where the last 2 bolts are .

MILIDON

MOPAR PERFORMANCE

FEL PRO

SCE

I like the Milodon crush proof. You'll need to use some RTV in the corners where they meet up, but that applies to any multi piece gasket

These. http://www.magnumgaskets.com/ I believe they have oil pan gaskets with molded in windage trays available too. I know they do for big blocks, and they offer the silicone side seals for the rear main seal caps too, just like 440source. Anyway, check em out and see what they have for small blocks too. Worth a shot.

what kind of oil are you using?
synthetic oil is more likely to leak. it lubes better but will find a way to escape your engine faster...
also if you dont have a proper evac system it can apply a little pressure from the inside.

get the oil pan off and make sure the pan rails are straight

if you use a new cork gasket, dont overtighten it as it will start leaking

also dont apply a bunch of RTV it makes the gasket slide while you are tightening it

mopar performance has black fibrous type gaskets you can get them from summit or other places. they have a 1 piece or a 2 piece (if you use windage tray)
http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/oilpangaskets.html

i think mancini uses USPS for shipping

I have a mr gasket in mine, it slowly leaks from the front seal, not much, but enough to be annoying! I've got felpro gaskets everywhere else and haven't had leaking issues.

It was the back rubber seal leaking , some how it ripped length wise , no idea how that happened as there are no sharp edges to cut it . Using the fel- pro cork gaskets rubber end gaskets . Hope these work , hate leaks .

-
Back