What are the best small block to big block conversion mounts?

-
Wonder if you would have to clearance the Q A1 k frame for the oil pump perch like you would the original? The biscuit type mounts are prone to breaking. So a stronger aftermarket mount with pin should be used. Schumacher used to make a torque strap to help original style mounts live. On the Schumacher kit one of the mounts had a corner cut or sat sideways or something.
Many years ago I helped install those mounts on a friend's car. Maybe shimming was involved too.
Wonder if the QA1 perches could be shifted to to give nicer fit with OEM brackets. Or build spool mount type. Some custom similar to OEM but smaller would be cool. The OEM are big and get close to steering box.
I have a 68 spool mount k frame. My 73 up k was modified for big block. Went to put it under car and only 3 holes lined up. WTF. K was from a wrecked car. Cut the mounts off and installed them on my 68 frame.

Was curious so I looked at the QA1 k frame. Would be a pain to move the driver's side perch. But on Summits website some one had a picture of a notched OEM k frame for big block next to the QA1. QA1 notched their perch. So the Schumacher mounts should work.
I am impressed that QA1 did not overlook that detail. That's cool.
Your car is awesome by the way. Most GTS cars on the road have been restored already. I am sure it gives a confused look to many when they see it's old tail lights go by.

-
Back