What are the Pros and Cons on using mounting kits for tranny cooler & fan?

-
Not the best way to go about it. I have never had any luck with the trans cooler zip tied to the radiator, did not do much for cooling the trans. Keep in mind that this was on a tight finned 3 row cored radiator. But then again damn near every vehicle that I have ever owned as a toy had cooling issues.....Most of the newer vehicles I have ever looked at the cooler is a few inches from the radiator, must be a reason the factory does them that way....

Not the best way to go about it. I have never had any luck with the trans cooler zip tied to the radiator, did not do much for cooling the trans. Keep in mind that this was on a tight finned 3 row cored radiator. But then again damn near every vehicle that I have ever owned as a toy had cooling issues.....Most of the newer vehicles I have ever looked at the cooler is a few inches from the radiator, must be a reason the factory does them that way....
probably cooling efficiency considering both are just like heat dispersing coils and you have one soakin one with heat and vice versa

Just make your own bracket out of flat steel. :thumbrig:

I would just go pick up some steel or aluminum strips and make my own mount that is mounted solid. I have seen a few of those work loose over time and rub throught the radiator tubes.

i was always told you should have at least 1" between the rad and cooler. its for air flow. its too easy to make brackets not to..

+1 put some space between the cooler & Rad. IMO, It's better to use a Rad with built in Trans. cooler. But if you already have the cooler......

after the rad. going through the rad is kinda like dipping red hot metal into a bucker of water, then you go through the external cooler for even more cooling..

-
Back