What are these for?

-

Payy

Reaction score
Hey, as I started to go through the electrical wireing in my Dart, to clean ut a little and try to see what goes where, what is crappy and what goes nowhere and can be ripped out, I discovered these two connectors of some kind (picture) wich was hidden in a large mess of electrical wires taped together.
I checked them and can't understand any function that they might have but there is power to them whenever the ignition is on.
Any ideas what they are for?

-Payy

What year is your Dart?
What color are the wires?
Approximately where were they located (firewall, fender, rad. core support)?
C

74 Custom
Grean/red, blue, light light brown and dark brown, blue, blue/red
I found them hidden behind tape in a big dot of wires somewhere, I havent traced them any further.

With your ignition on only....more then likely this is part of your ignition/starting system! What upgrades do you have or see if any? Electronic ignition added perhaps..sometimes jumpers/splices are added in a hurry and the connectors just left so you don't end up having a short. Do they all have power when ignition on? Is the brown wire dead until you go to start? Basiclly, you have to closely look at everything IE, is everything working correctly, is anything missing, anything modified. Also a electrical drawing of your engine compartment could help you trace those wires from your fuse box going to where ever.

looks like wires that were swaped from a later model A body or perhaps even a F body those plugs generally go to an orange box on an F body not sure what there for...

i don't see a seatbelt interlock bypass box. it should be mounted right above the ign. mod. somewhere. but those color combos are ign. for sure.

With your ignition on only....more then likely this is part of your ignition/starting system! What upgrades do you have or see if any? Electronic ignition added perhaps..sometimes jumpers/splices are added in a hurry and the connectors just left so you don't end up having a short. Do they all have power when ignition on? Is the brown wire dead until you go to start? Basiclly, you have to closely look at everything IE, is everything working correctly, is anything missing, anything modified. Also a electrical drawing of your engine compartment could help you trace those wires from your fuse box going to where ever.

Jimmy...nice to see you back on FABO. How ya been?????

-
Back