What are these linkage rods for

-

ratvon

Reaction score
Having trouble making this set up work in my 68 barracuda I'm beginning to think the linkage rods are wrong. The shifter arm is stamped 6353
20170306_195136.jpg
20170306_195417.jpg
20170306_195250.jpg

Is the transmission in the car or out of the car? Have you ran the transmission before? Have you ran the lever before? And probably more questions if you want help...
i.e. - more information please...

Is the transmission in the car or out of the car? Have you ran the transmission before? Have you ran the lever before? And probably more questions if you want help...
i.e. - more information please...
The Transmissions is out of the car for now but getting ready to put it in with the engine never ran the transmission shifter or linkage before . When I use the 3/16 alignment pin nothing seems to reach or fit correctly

Is the shifter a Hurst unit?

And still, what levers do you have? It makes a big difference.

Is the shifter a Hurst unit?

And still, what levers do you have? It makes a big difference.
Yes it's a Hurst I don't know what it came out of a reliable friend sold me the shifter and linkage and I just went on his word... do all the adjustable ends go to the shifter?

I have them like this because it was the only way I could get them to work the one adjuster is the opposite way of the rest and I couldn't get the 3/16Dowl in the alignment hole of the shifter to adjust the linkage

The shifter mounting pad could be wrong for your application. Bought a used 4 speed set up that was pieced together, was not sure what it came out of, after a long time trying to figure out why linkage did not work, checked a buddy's a body and found shifter plate was way different. they must of used a different shifter previously.

The shifter mounting pad could be wrong for your application. Bought a used 4 speed set up that was pieced together, was not sure what it came out of, after a long time trying to figure out why linkage did not work, checked a buddy's a body and found shifter plate was way different. they must of used a different shifter previously.

Could be everything was bought separate I thought all the shifter mounts were the same though

-
Back