What are these manual trans parts?

-

krazykuda

FABO Gold Member
How-To Section Editor
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I got some parts as a "package deal". Some of them, I don't need and I am running out of space. I want to get rid of them, but am not sure exactly what they are and what to ask for them.

Here is the first part. A cast iron bell housing. The tag that came on it said that it was for 64-66 273 with 9 1/2 inch. Does the 9 1/2 inch refer to the clutch? Here are the pictures:

View attachment Bellhousing A01 B.jpg

View attachment Bellhousing A04 B2A.jpg

View attachment Bellhsng Cst No A01 B.jpg

View attachment Bellhsng Cst No A02 B.jpg

View attachment Bellhousing A05 B2A.jpg

View attachment Bellhousing Tag B2.jpg

Looks like the Early A SB bell I've got set aside for my Barracuda. Cast Iron, A833, fits a 9-1/2" Clutch.

FYI, a 10.5 clutch & flywheel from a later A will not fit in the early bell.

Looks like the Early A SB bell I've got set aside for my Barracuda. Cast Iron, A833, fits a 9-1/2" Clutch.

FYI, a 10.5 clutch & flywheel from a later A will not fit in the early bell.

Good info. Thanks.

I'm just going to list these for sale. I have too many parts and all of my cars are automatic. I need to make room so I can try to organize some of my "keeper" parts.

Aluminum case is for an A833 OD transmission. Can also be used to build a standard A833. Same case, just aluminum.

Will the aluminum case work with the bellhousing? Just curious.

Yeah, the A833 Bell (Bell to Transmission Case) Pattern is the same for all A833's and most NP833 transmissions.

The Early A Bell will bolt up to that case, the only "future" issue, will be making sure the Bearing/Input Retainer is the same size as the opening in the Bellhousing.

Since there is no Retainer on that case at the moment, it doesn't matter. :D

Hoping to get some idea from this group what these bell housings go on.

The numbers on them read 34916 24ND & 2899104. The first one has written on it that it came from a '72 Barracuda - Slant 6. I'm wanting to use one of them on an A833 4 sp.

Attachments

• Bh1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 127
  • Bh2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 137
  • Bh3.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 126
  • Bh4.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 109
Hoping to get some idea from this group what these bell housings go on.

The numbers on them read 34916 24ND & 2899104. The first one has written on it that it came from a '72 Barracuda - Slant 6. I'm wanting to use one of them on an A833 4 sp.

Those look like truck bells

-
Back