What are these???

-

65LoveAffair

Whovian
Reaction score
I was looking at pictures I took of the Fish I hope to be getting soon, and I'll be the first to tell you that there are a lot of things that I don't know about when it comes to these cars. This is all new to me, so I have a couple of questions about some things I saw in the engine bay.

The items in the red circles I know are some kind of electrical component, but I was wondering what exactly they were.

As far as the the part circled in blue, what is that? Judging by its location, I figure it has something to do with throttle control, or possibly the choke for the carb, but I don't know for certain.

Thanks in advance for the info. Sorry to be a newb, but I gotta learn somewhere, right? Thanks again.

Attachments

• engbayquestions.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 367
The first on the left is your ballast (ignition resister) (runs to your coil from your ignition)
The blue is the throttle linkage that goes to your carb, I will see if I have a picture to help you out.
The fare right is your starter relay, and your bulk head wire harness that runs into your inside fuse box and gages and lights and so on.

Look at the #2 picture at the lower /6 wire diagram :thumblef:
Welcome to this great site :thumblef:

Attachments

• FOR%20SALE%20FABO%20030.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 339
  • 64DartB.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 322
wow memike your 64 wiring diagrams are way clearer than mine. can you send me your copy?

and 65LA... yeah, what memike said. x2

Thank you as well for these. I have to track down a wiring issue. The left front headlight is dimmer than the right.

what goes in the carb linkage where that rod hooks in? There is nothing between the rod and linkage in my car but a big gap!

Sorry to but into your thread.

what goes in the carb linkage where that rod hooks in? There is nothing between the rod and linkage in my car but a big gap!

Sorry to but into your thread.

No worries, mate. Might be I need the same information later down the road. Cheers! :thumbrig:

wow memike your 64 wiring diagrams are way clearer than mine. can you send me your copy?

and 65LA... yeah, what memike said. x2

I would just copy and save the one in this thread hemitheus, thats how I got it, It seems when I receive pictures I get more then what I asked for in email's
So I don't send pictures :hello2: Just right hand click and save

-
Back