What are these?

-

Scott's dart

Reaction score
Im working on thinning out the underhood wiring in my 75 dart. Any ideas?
20180903_141859.jpg
20180903_141906.jpg

Fuel pacer system! It was an option in ‘75. Diver side fender turn signal lights up when you’ve got your foot heavy on the gas pedal. Measures manifold vacuum.

WoW! I can't believe someone else remembers these. I did forget about that stupid idea :)

I think I took one of those off of a friend of mine's car he was parting out. I think mine came off of like a '74ish b-body.

I would disconnect it...........it's bad enough when the cops get on me for laying hard on the gas pedal, don't need no light to remind me that I have a heavy foot!!! treblig

If the opportunity works, I try to get my fuel pacer light to go on whenever I pass by a hybrid or electric car. :steering:

If the opportunity works, I try to get my fuel pacer light to go on whenever I pass by a hybrid or electric car. :steering:
hahaha. Or better yet. pull in front of one of those ba$tards in their hybrid's "camping out" in the passing lane, and give them a taste of the old-school hyper mileing routine with your Fuel Pacer-optioned car.

If you drive on the highway, the system actually works quite well, but if your car is modified, it's hard to 'calibrate' the fuel pacer system. Mercedes and others have had similar instruments.

I guess that thing is OK for the sane driver but maniacs like me would find it really annoying. I mean, what fun is it to be reminded every time you accelerate a little too hard??? Even the old dash mounted economy/vacuum gage used to piss me off!!! treblig

I saw one working, on a friends 75 Dart Sport stocker back in the 80's. Get heavy on the gas, the fender indicator starts to glow. He made the car a 340 4 speed.

Is that the first foo-foo valve?

If you're going to toss it, can I have it?

-
Back