What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Changing the look of a project by adding wheels and discovering red drums while at it.

IMG_6667.JPG
IMG_6663.JPG
IMG_6664.JPG

Chasing the tune on my carburator after finding cracked rubber plugs. Also have the throttle jumping up to 1500rpm at idle, thinking the thick gasket I'm using is catching the blades, trimming might take care of it.

just finished up swapping 3.23 in and 2.94 gears out in the van in prep for a Smokey Mountain road trip pulling my bike on a small trailer. Up with some power down with my MPG I'm afraid.

just finished up swapping 3.23 in and 2.94 gears out in the van in prep for a Smokey Mountain road trip pulling my bike on a small trailer. Up with some power down with my MPG I'm afraid.
Not really a very big change, hopefully your mileage wont suffer too much.
I've been thinking of swapping the other way, I do a lot of highway driving, considering the 2.94, but may try out the 2.76 I have setting in the garage.

Not really a very big change, hopefully your mileage wont suffer too much.
I've been thinking of swapping the other way, I do a lot of highway driving, considering the 2.94, but may try out the 2.76 I have setting in the garage.
Well with the /6 in the brick (van) it just labored to hard down the highway with trailer in tow. Hope the 3.23s will be better. I just got the mileage decent and then change gears, but I will hang on to em for future road trips. Only about a hour to swap out.

Got the Imperial's 440 basic tuning and set up on the stand. Next stop is the engine stand for final detailing.

IMG_2844.JPG

More progress on the trim ring.

20180816_170336_zpsbgqago5d.jpg

Ran all new -8 hard line from the cell, under the car and up the fire wall.

Since fixing my power steering, the car has sat for several days now and I am down to ZERO leaks now....
No oil, no coolant, no transmission, no power steering. ..ZERO leaks!

I'm taking her for a drive tomorrow morning!

Jeff

Zero leaks? Have you checked the fluids?

We all know a MOPAR is like a chopper, it only stops leaking when the fluid has all leaked out....

:)

Just got back from a nice morning drive before it gets too hot today. ...runs so frickin' good!

Gratuitous photo

downloadfile.jpg

Jeff

did they wash your windows too. I guess not since made you pump your own

Thought this might be a good thread to quickly show what you are up to with your cars today, as an alternative for people who don't have full build threads for their cars.

I'll kick it off!

Today I bolted on the new Cragar wheels and tires and took it for a quick test drive with no front or rear glass. What a great traction upgrade! 295/50/15s in the back and 155/80/15s in the front. Gave the car a whole new attitude.
I also installed my new Champion Radiator that I bought from Challenger Gary a couple of months ago. It works great so far, ran it for about a half hour with a single 16 inch electric fan and the temp stayed very steady.

Now I am removing the old cheapo headers and installing a new set of Doug's along with a mini starter that I pulled from the local U-Pull junk yard a couple of hours ago for 22 bucks.

Trying to get it driveable for Mopars in the Park. I live about 20 minutes from the fairgrounds so it shouldn't be too bad a drive with the 4.56 gears. Really looking forward to meeting some members!

-Doug

20180819_044400.jpg

Flared transmission lines for the transmission fluid filter install and installed a new turn signal flasher.
Aiming headlights and such. Getting it ready for a 500 mile road trip.

Just finishing up some suspension upgrades.
Pulled old lower arms, factory type sway bar, and strut rods.

Replaced with boxed lower arms with new bushings, Hotchkis 1-1/2" tubular sway bar, and Hotchkis adjustable strut rods.

Only thing left is to get it back on the ground and recheck all my alignment specs. I'm attaching a few pics of the before and after parts and install. Will be able to get better pics once I have it outside in natural light.
The rusty looking arms in the first pic are the start of the replacement lower arms. Once I had them done, then it was just swapping everything out.

20180405_160418.jpg

IMG_1718.JPG

IMG_1782.JPG

IMG_1786.JPG

IMG_1876.JPG

IMG_1869.JPG

IMG_1872.JPG

IMG_2051.JPG

IMG_2044.JPG

-
Back