What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
I finally put in my new Repro rally dash. It has been sitting in the box for over 4 years! New circuit boards, new bulbs, gauges bench tested and needles painted. New switches, knobs and radio delete plate. I also converted the IVR to solid state. I have to say I am impressed with the BE/A repro. You have to drill a hole here and there and do some fitment but it is a quality piece.

Attachments

• 20160228_000318.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 281
  • 20160301_110817.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 279
  • 20160305_125242.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 277
  • 20160305_125309.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 282
After a few attempts at welding an inner fender patch, I punted. Off to a body shop for two patches, and the core support welded in. I know the title is "What did YOU do with your car today?". Don't know if this qualifies, feels like failure but for how long it's been in this exact state, I'm feeling OK about it.

Attachments

• IMAG01107.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 305
Got the trunk floor trimmed out and the fuel cell mocked up! :)

Attachments

• 20160304_233220.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 321
finished hiding the rats nest wiring fuster cluck under the dash.. redoing someone's previous "work" is always SO much fun... everything was connected, but there was no attempted made at keeping it neat. Oh, I got the short block back Wednesday.. now I can get back to what I WAS doing...

Started building power windows for my 70 Duster, when I get it figured out I will post a install thread.

Picked up the 346 heads from the machine shop this week for my 440 duster... new seals, seats... exhaust valves and a great valve job. One more step in the right direction.

Looking at two perfectly drivable Mopars sitting out in the driveway with nowhere to go.:wack:

Hopefully finishing off the console brackets install today with help from the gf.

Today was one of those epic San Diego weather days. 66 degrees, partly cloudy with a nice breeze. I got a baby sitter and drove around for 3 hours for some "road therapy".

looking at it....nothing

Yeah I get like that too, going home tonight, going to do some sanding and body work. Probably all weekend as time permits. I recently stripped and primed my inner fender splash shields, and re bushed my hood hinges. Got to test fit everything and then 2K primer. I am at the stage where I am roughing in body and fenders, then I will remove doors, and fenders, paint the jambs, inside of doors/fenders,, then reassemble and block it out for paint. Its a long road. Its kind of fun though cause you do get to "Bond" with your car LOL! ;);(;);):):(;(;):):(:

not today - but recently-see pic. I am currently waiting for a couple of nice days in a row so I can media blast and paint the headers.. today I spray bombed an old set of valve covers - they came out ok

Attachments

• 100_3764.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 214
  • 100_3766.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 214
  • 100_3767.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 204
Fun time in the small stall yesterday

Attachments

• 01ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 219
Been porting my heads, kind of following 318willrun's example in his post.

Going pretty good, just going slow and being careful not to nick the valve seats. Doing like a port a day. Another day and i'll have the first head done and can start on the second one. My first attempt at porting heads and there coming out pretty nice.

I sandblasted all my heater box pieces , and clutch and brake pedal pieces months ago, finally getting around to priming and painting it all up.

Attachments

• 20160409_114852.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 142
-
Back