What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
It's not a car, but it is a Dodge! My "Little Dodge" to be precise. In between breaks from the sweltering heat, I cut out and replaced the passenger side floor pan. The pans they sell are for 2WD's and require modification to work in 4WD. Tomorrow........the driver's side.

IMG_4787.JPG

IMG_4898[1].JPG

IMG_4899[1].JPG

I took the 16 year kid across he street out in my 69 Barracuda Fastback, 340 4 speed and taught him how to drive a stick shift. He is a really good kid. He's polite and respectful. It was a lot of fun.

My passenger side air vent door hinges froze up, and the 'little woman' tore the door off like she was Lou Farigno and all green.

I ended up grinding off the rivet heads and using a punch to clean them out. I bead blasted the door and hinge/mount. The back side of door has some sort of glue on it for the foam sound deadener, which didn't come off too easily, so I'm going to have to soak it in acetone at work next week. After that I'll clean it all up some more in the bead blaster cabinet again, spray it, looks like it was a semi-gloss black. Does anyone know for sure? I may do the other door as well.

IMG_20170727_163534.jpg

IMG_20170727_163551.jpg

looks like it was a semi-gloss black. Does anyone know for sure? I may do the other door as well.

I can't say for sure how they came new, but I did mine in semi gloss black and they came out real snazzy. Got new foams from Detroit Muscle Technologies and they were perfect. Stuck them in with Super77.

100_5665.JPG

I took the 16 year kid across he street out in my 69 Barracuda Fastback, 340 4 speed and taught him how to drive a stick shift. He is a really good kid. He's polite and respectful. It was a lot of fun.

I'll bet that's an experience that young buck will never forget!

Pretty awesome on your part!

My (B-Body) buddy and I went to a local show "Cars & Stripes" in downtown Mt. Clemens, MI. Great turn out and many cool Mopars to check out

DSCN9381 (440 & GT).JPG

DSCN9422.JPG

DSCN9388.JPG

DSCN9387.JPG

DSCN9391.JPG

DSCN9409.JPG

DSCN9430.JPG

After the show I went for ride around town, enjoying the open road and the solitude.

Drove it 200+ miles round trip to a swapmeet. Dragged a Mopar friend with me, and we got sunburned looking at Chevy parts, but we had fun and bought a few good deals. Nothing broke, all those tools in the trunk were for nothing. It was a good day!

-- I didn't think that You would see it. -- Get back over to The B Body Forum, before I tell Your Mother. -- :D --

OK.. Hahahahahahahahahaha.. But I have to stop over @ Fast Mopars and Go mess with the guys over on Yellow Bullet first.....lol

Made a aluminum spacer ring to go between AFB 3853S carburetor on 273 Commando and factory original air cleaner base... raising it about .750 (3/4 inch) ....Yes, hood shuts and has more then a 3/8 inch of clearance above chrome air cleaner top... just playing to see if it helps flow or/and getting more air around carb...
Yes... I'm still bored from the Az. heat and monsoon storms... my shop has A/C...⚓
IMG_20170730_104203.jpg
20170727_190524.jpg

1501438254923539018229.jpg

Put new plates on the ol' Audi to replace the old ones that the yearly inspection struck down on. Going for a re-inspection this afternoon. Then she'll be ready to haul trash (and my grumpy ***) another year!

Made a aluminum spacer ring to go between AFB 3853S carburetor on 273 Commando and factory original air cleaner base... raising it about .750 (3/4 inch) ....Yes, hood shuts and has more then a 3/8 inch of clearance above chrome air cleaner top... just playing to see if it helps flow or/and getting more air around carb...
Yes... I'm still bored from the Az. heat and monsoon storms... my shop has A/C...⚓View attachment 1715077213 View attachment 1715077212

View attachment 1715077214
----------you`d be better served to put a carb, spacer on it that thick, to increase the plenum size .

Put new plates on the ol' Audi to replace the old ones that the yearly inspection struck down on. Going for a re-inspection this afternoon. Then she'll be ready to haul trash (and my grumpy ***) another year!
Think I`ll get it out and put a few ring seating miles on it.

----------you`d be better served to put a carb, spacer on it that thick, to increase the plenum size .
I have a under carb spacer... makes it look "Too" unstock ... prefer the almost unseen velocity stack!!!! Seems to run pretty good I might add...

Last edited:
-
Back