What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
hope to finish the KH disk install and suspension upgrade... start on the rear springs sure grip install.
IMG_0013[1].JPG

Took apart and cleaned the drive unit of a starter. Why? Because it's there.

IMG_8548.JPG

Greased it and put it back together too, actually.

IMG_0836.JPG
IMG_0835.JPG
I've been lamenting about what kind of coolant recovery tank to put in my 68. I didn't want a soda bottle-Half assed looking job, but also something that didn't look too out of place. Then I realized how much room there is behind the fender. Drilled a hole on the passenger side, and voilà.
Even a Dodge tank out of a D150 in the junkyard. Now I just need to make a support bracket.

Last edited:
View attachment 1715058458 View attachment 1715058457 I've been lamenting about what kind of coolant recovery tank to put in my 68. I didn't want a soda bottle-Half assed looking job, but also something that didn't look too out of place. Then I realized how much room there is behind the fender. Drilled a hole on the passenger side, and voilà.
Even a Dodge tank out of a D150 in the junkyard. Now I just need to make a support bracket.
That's awesome!! I'm also wanting to do this for my overflow tank and washer fluid tank!

finished (I think!) stripping out the heater, wiper, etc. wiring from the harness and rewrapping it.
Had to relocate a bunch of terminal ends to match the modifications I've made.
Just have to blank the defroster openings and freshen up the color on the dash pad then its time to install the whole thing as a unit.
Couldnt have done it without the wiring schematics posted on this website.
Even having them it was still a pain in the ***...lol

100_0874.JPG

recently finished the new booster & m/c install which I had to do because the 10" booster hit the new valve covers (seems you can never change just one thing!! LOL) BTW, in case you're curious - those valve covers are the Holley fabricated pieces - very happy with them.
103_4601.JPG

It's raining here, so I decided to pull my horn cap off and try to get the clear plexi off and replace it. But I noticed I could wire brush the back and put LEDS in there behind it. Anyone know how to get the darn clear Lexi off??? Heat?

51993472733__9CA6C549-3267-4DE4-A013-6EBC06CAD142.JPG

I fixed my fuel gauge...again:BangHead:. It was working good since I did the internal voltage regulator about 3 years ago. Then it quit about a week ago.
I started at the sending unit checking resistance, then the kick panel, then at the pin on the dash circuit board. All was well. Checked the out put of the IC voltage regulator I put in...good. Checked for 5v on the fuel gauge. No go!!! I had run the 5v to the temp gauge terminal and the board run over to the fuel gauge was bad. Ran a wire from one to the other and Yee Haw, it works again!!

Now...if it would only stop raining so I could get it out and drive!!!!

Just finished putting in the transmission cooler and lines to also use the radiator tranny cooler. It fit awesome right behind the front license plate.
20170623_211745.jpg

20170623_211840.jpg

While waiting for the sun to go down to watch the fireworks, we cleaned up the contact points between the license plate light assembly and the bumper because the thing kept flickering. I guess I'm going to order a LED bulb for that too now.

IMG_20170704_192333.jpg
IMG_20170704_192340.jpg
IMG_20170704_192741.jpg

-
Back