What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
engine is coming out - should be on a stand later today - going to try using a carb flange plate

100_4255.JPG

carb plates are fine. still waiting on a replacement spring from caltrac here. Mike , what are you going to do w/ the engine ?
I need to find the oil leak(s) and I need to change the TC - also some much needed cleaning is in order. ~ oh, that plate worked like charm!
100_4261.JPG

Nothing to the car today..preparing for the *** kicking thats going to be handed out tonight by Brady and co.:lol::lol::lol:

Got the brakes ripped off and everything ready for a revamp from sitting 30 years so it will stop again lol..... Cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning. Hanging out with my pop's working on the car so pretty much nothing could go wrong with this day lol.....

Hopefully by this time next weekend parts can start going back on the car. Looking to have it moving around by the end of Thanksgiving weekend....

JW

Heading to the garage in a couple minutes to change my header gaskets.
I have a small but annoying tic on the passenger side exhaust.

Jeff

Stole the silicone thermostat housing gasket off my Duster this morning to put on my 01 ram... New gasket should come first of next week then I need to get antifreeze put in the Duster.

all I could find to do with mine today was to drive it..........oh, ran the A/C so I know it's working good. Heater a week ago, A/C today..........life on the gulf coast!

Last edited:
After setting concrete forms for a 13 x 11 pad for a green house for my daughter...

I put the 360/904 combo back in the 71 Duster....and got a bunch of stuff hooked up...

Replaced the gas filler to tank seal...AGAIN. Lasted 1 1/2 years since first replaced. Tried a different brand this time, from Year One. The original one lasted 45 years. :mad:

Replaced the gas filler to tank seal...AGAIN. Lasted 1 1/2 years since first replaced. Tried a different brand this time, from Year One. The original one lasted 45 years. :mad:
supposed to be in the low 60`s this afternoon. maybe a little more break in time . another cool front tomorrow.

Pulled the heater box from car, replaced the heater core then tossed it on the floor of the car since it got dark and cold. Will finish tomorrow. Old original copper heater core weighed 3.2 pounds. New aluminum heater core from Summit, weighed in at 1.6 pounds.

Pulled the heater box from car, replaced the heater core then tossed it on the floor of the car since it got dark and cold. Will finish tomorrow. Old original copper heater core weighed 3.2 pounds. New aluminum heater core from Summit, weighed in at 1.6 pounds.
I bought one of those too. Nice part for the price.

She's covered up, in the garage resting....raining today. :(
I don't drive her in the rain....I have a daily driver for that.....

But up next is cleaning up wiring and little details under the hood. ..:thumbsup:

Jeff

20161230_141510.jpg

Last edited:
Out driving the Scamp in the rain..... Under car car wash day......hahahahahahahahaha
I'm thinking I'm going to install a wiper delay now... ;)

-
Back