What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-

The very first time under its own power. 408 Six Pack.
I've come a long way from this.

Last edited:
Drove 42 miles to Mountain Home for a cruise-in/car show despite the showers forecast. Fortunately they were wrong and it was sunny, but 90F and humid makes for a hot day on a black asphalt parking lot. Free grilled hot dogs and a door prize too :) The Murphy/Walmart gas station next door had alcohol-free premium. Filled the fuel cell and drove back home.

The Dart ran fine, guess I put the valve gear together properly this time! ;) Temp got up to 200 at 60-65 mph, but dropped right back down once I slowed down or descended long grades. I need to add a radiator-to-hood seal, and see about making a flap on the Contour fans to let the wind blow through on the highway.

Got Gladys' AC converted, vacuumed out and recharged. Much to my surprise, it actually works! Original factory installed Ford system. Of course, I put a new drier and expansion valve on it. Flushed it out really good. It even cools! lol

Witnessed a sunset
679845D0-E402-4CF3-80A1-72FC511D05E9.jpeg

The 71 got some love at a show yesterday. The show was at a place selling "garage condos." Each garage could hold about 4 cars. They sell out of these things and more buildings are planned! I was there to support the team that did the paint/body on my car at their booth.
20230513_134829.jpg

Taking a road trip to potentially get my first 340 back. I sold my first Challenger in '89 and haven't seen the engine since. Today might be the day. Guy says if it's the engine, it's mine if I provide him with a replacement. My current Challenger is being built to encompass everything I either did or wanted to do with the first one, so having my original block back would be pretty cool. It's a long shot, but it's possible the car itself still exists too (car was last seen in '99). This fella may know where it's located.

Taking a road trip to potentially get my first 340 back. I sold my first Challenger in '89 and haven't seen the engine since. Today might be the day. Guy says if it's the engine, it's mine if I provide him with a replacement. My current Challenger is being built to encompass everything I either did or wanted to do with the first one, so having my original block back would be pretty cool. It's a long shot, but it's possible the car itself still exists too (car was last seen in '99). This fella may know where it's located.
Wow, that could turn out with a happy ending! Keep us posted!

Thanks, guys. If it pans out, I'll have both of my original 340s back.

Frank is 95% sure he bought my engine in 1989, but can't remember if it's the 340 he put in his '69 Barracuda. The timing is right, but thinks he had another 340 around that time he may have used. He's making me work for it, though. I asked him to look at the VIN stamping when he got home (I met him at a show), and he said "Why don't you come down, check out my cars and parts, and you can roll under it and see for yourself. No questions that way." Fair enough. Besides, he might have something else I want. :D

If it's not my engine in Frank's car, he thinks he knows who bought it from him. As it turns out, I'm acquainted with that fella, whose name is Todd. It'll take more work to pry it loose from Todd, though: He knows Vic, who bought that Challenger new in the spring of '73. I bought it from Vic, but Todd went to school with Vic's son. He drove that car before I owned it.

I had to fix a blunder when I removed the old single pot master. I had removed all 4 nuts, or so I thought. Turns out one was for the support bracket (B body) so I bent the bracket trying to get it out. I used a spacer and a bunch of washers to pull it back into shape. While I was at it I cleaned up some rust under the old master and gave it a shot of paint.

IMG_20230514_144502804.jpg

IMG_20230514_150143874.jpg

Even though Gladys' seat cover is in excellent condition, I got her a cool saddle blanket seat cover. Now she looks more like she was snatched right out of the 70s and her seat has some protection.
DSCF2208.JPG

Well, both of my engine prospects died a quick death. I guess I'll just have to keep sniffin' around for it. Fun road trip, and a great guy (he's got four '67-'69 Barracudas, not counting parts cars).

Now that Krusty is home, I'm starting all the tedious detail stuff, to make it a useable/finished car.

Awesome! I wish you good luck.

Drove the duster to work today a coworker drove his 63 impala

Love it when people drive their cars! I drive mine all the time but I work out of my house so there's no driving to work, although I have driven it to two of the sites we clean

Stanley, are you a member of the Tidewater Mopar Club? I was a member when I lived in VA Beach. Very active Club then.

Love it when people drive their cars! I drive mine all the time but I work out of my house so there's no driving to work, although I have driven it to two of the sites we clean

Stanley, are you a member of the Tidewater Mopar Club? I was a member when I lived in VA Beach. Very active Club then.
Hey 66fyssh no I am not a member of the tidewater mopar club. Just got the car on the road it has been out of commission for 32 years

Hey 66fyssh no I am not a member of the tidewater mopar club. Just got the car on the road it has been out of commission for 32 years

Congrats on getting your Duster on the road. I bet it feels good.

Check out the TMC About Tidewater Mopar Club, Virginia Beach, Virginia.

Looks like they are now meeting at Hall Dodge in Chesapeake! The last year I went to the Christmas party was 2014. Over 200 people were there! I won a Mopar table and chairs set that I keep in the trunk of my Barracuda.

Congrats on getting your Duster on the road. I bet it feels good.

Check out the TMC About Tidewater Mopar Club, Virginia Beach, Virginia.

Looks like they are now meeting at Hall Dodge in Chesapeake! The last year I went to the Christmas party was 2014. Over 200 people were there! I won a Mopar table and chairs set that I keep in the trunk of my Barracuda.
Thanks yes it feels great. Yes I will check TMC out I work right across the street from Hall Dodge.

Finally got around to getting the trans/shifter back in on the 73 Duster, giving the ole’ magic stick a tryout. Back on the road hopefully another 2 weeks once the rockers/pushrods are done.

958F0A9A-8802-4A4D-B672-28340451ADAB.jpeg

-
Back