What are you listening to ?

-
When Rivers Meet. British couple who can really play. Won a Brit Blues award for their album Saving Grace.

When Rivers Meet. British couple who can really play. Won a Brit Blues award for their album Saving Grace.

You Sir have excellent taste in music! Merely my opinion of course. Thanks for this one! I had never heard of them. I have seen Buddy Guy more times than I can count and Fish still reels me in! I got a beer says you love Joe Bonamassa as well!

This one makes me sad, not the music but the memories of listening to her voice all summer long one summer when my daughter really got into music. What a shame she had so much talent and we loved to hear her pitch her voice. Our daughter wore out the album with them all on a couch. I don’t remember the name of the album but her voice was amazing. RIP

You Sir have excellent taste in music! Merely my opinion of course. Thanks for this one! I had never heard of them. I have seen Buddy Guy more times than I can count and Fish still reels me in! I got a beer says you love Joe Bonamassa as well!
Enjoy your beer. You know it. Love Bonamassa. Saw him live a while back. Incredible concert. Funny, the first thing I ever heard from him was his collaboration with Beth Hart on "I'd Rather Go Blind". Stumbled across a live video of them together. My jaw hit the floor. Beth sings like her life depends on it and Joe's guitar is awesome. Huge fan of both of them now.

Enjoy your beer. You know it. Love Bonamassa. Saw him live a while back. Incredible concert. Funny, the first thing I ever heard from him was his collaboration with Beth Hart on "I'd Rather Go Blind". Stumbled across a live video of them together. My jaw hit the floor. Beth sings like her life depends on it nd Joe's guitar is awesome. Huge fan of both now.
Agreed, Beth Hart is how I found Samantha Fish. We have went to several Bonamassa Shows. He just never got popular in the US but I think I have most everything he has put out, and he is prolific! His band is hands down the tightest band I have ever seen. They are flawless, every show. Slo Gin for the win! I would argue he made BH a much better performer. Her early work with him is a bit rough, but as they worked together more she really tightened up. They are phenomenal together.

Agreed, Beth Hart is how I found Samantha Fish. We have went to several Bonamassa Shows. He just never got popular in the US but I think I have most everything he has put out, and he is prolific! His band is hands down the tightest band I have ever seen. They are flawless, every show. Slo Gin for the win! I would argue he made BH a much better performer. Her early work with him is a bit rough, but as they worked together more she really tightened up. They are phenomenal together.
Beth and Samantha are 1(a) and 1(b) for me far as female artists are concerned. No one you hear on the radio comes close. Love them both. Too many great Bonamassa songs to pick one.... Slow Train live in Vienna comes close to it though.

This was the first thing I'd heard by either of them. Hadn't even heard about them, then one day during Christmas vacation I was bored and looking for stuff on youtube. This came up. Basically my jaw hit the floor. I spent the next two hours discovering them. Huge fan of both now.

This was the first thing I'd heard by either of them. Hadn't even heard about them, then one day during Christmas vacation I was bored and looking for stuff on youtube. This came up. Basically my jaw hit the floor. I spent the next two hours discovering them. Huge fan of both now.

Not to compare her to Garth Brooks but they are very similar in the fact that if you ever get the chance to watch them live, when you walk out of the show you know without a doubt that they did not leave anything on the stage. They sing with every ounce of their being. She burns the house down every time.

I know I posted this before but the thread is "what are you listening to?" and this is what I'm listening to.

When we were living in downtown Toronto, we were close to the Distillery District. This is an area that used to be the Gooderham & Worts distillery and the city has repurposed the historic buildings as an arts and shopping destination. They had a blues festival there one year. They had much bigger names than Danny but his half hour set was the highlight for us on the Sunday afternoon. You could tell he lived it. He talked about sounds that change your life. The first time you hear your baby cry or the jail cell door slam shut behind you. This song gave me chills the whole time he was playing it.

Last one. If you haven't heard Justin Johnson before, well, you don't know what your missing. Highly recommended.

-
Back