what axles to use?

-

wireweld

Reaction score
What axles work best to shorten and respline when you shorten your 8 3/4 down 2 1/2" per side? I want lbp axles.

If it's just gonna be a driver/ mild racer I say just send your stock axles to Moser. They will shorten, re-spline, re-drill the 4.5 bolt pattern and even press on some new green bearings, plus some 3 in. studs for few hundred bucks.

Some axles neck down after the splines and can't be shortened and resplined. Find some C body axles. Most of them don't neck down and will work for you.

If you are gonna spend $300 making junkyard axles usable, why not spend $420 for brand new heavy duty axles from Dutchman? I just bought a set and they were done in less than a week.

If your going to spend your good money on axles spend it on the best out there spend it on Mosers!!!

If you are gonna spend $300 making junkyard axles usable, why not spend $420 for brand new heavy duty axles from Dutchman? I just bought a set and they were done in less than a week.

I agree, but also why go overboard if it's just a smallblock driver? I have both Moser's and stock re-worked. Just depends on what your gonna do with the car and how much you have. I run a set of stock re-worked axles on my Duster and made 7.14 passes in the 1/8 leaving the line at 3800 and they held up just fine. But my personal choice is the Moser's

-
Back