What Battery To Use

-

tiltsix

Reaction score
Ok so I went out to play with the dart and the battery was DEAD!!!So I hook up the battery charger and the battery wont even come up enough to click.............My question is what battery do you run...Should I buy an Optima,Die Hard,or just go to the local battery outlet and buy a $50.00 cheapie? The car is 69 Dart with /6 auto,p/s,and a/c.It sits 3-5 months out of the year(being driven regularly during spring summer and fall)Thanks ....................Jeff

I would recommend investing in a battery tender.

Its really your choice on what type of battery to buy. I like getting seconds from a local guy, they usually just have a little defect in the case or something minor. Thats my opinion. It really depends on what your budget is.

i like the battery tender idea,

i drove many miles with an Optima battery when I the belt broke to the alternator

my wife used to work for advance auto - allot of people let their battery drain all the way down (bad alternators or grounding circuits) drop them off at the parts stores, the employees charge the battery and the customer doesn't get take the battery back-even optimas - something to think about

another idea is a battery from walmart where receipts and warranties last a long time
-there's a walmart, mcdonalds and bus station in nearly every town in America.
so if you need to exchange it, you can

-
Back