What brakes to fit 15" cop wheels

-

newguy

Reaction score
I have a HDK front k member I will be installing and need to think about what brakes to run up front. I want to keep my 15" cop wheels, and will be using the stock disc brakes on the explorer 8.8 rear. So does anyone know what is the maximum disc size I can run with the mustang II front spindles and still clear the calipers on the steel wheels?

Also, what are my choices for replacing the HUGE power brake booster setup on the 74 dart, it takes up quite a bit of space that would be helpfull in my motor swap. I want to keep power brakes though

Not sure on the front calipers but I have the POL front disk brakes kit and 8.8 disk brake rear and my cop wheels fit fine.

Have you asked Denny? I'm sure he has an idea of what brakes will work with 15" wheels on his HDK spindles. @HemiDenny

As already mentioned, with the Mopar spindles you can use the 11.75 factory rotors and calipers for a 15" wheel, but there isn't a ton of extra room there. Wilwood calipers/ brakes on an MII spindle are obviously a bit different. It looks like Wilwood has a minimum 15" wheel listed for their 12.19" rotor front brake kit, but whether those specifically will work with cop wheels I don't know for sure. You definitely won't get a rotor much bigger than 12" to work with a 15" wheel, if the 12.19's work I would imagine that would be the absolute limit.

-
Back