What brand radiator are you guys using to cool your 440?

-
it is a combination ,especially if u got some serious h.p. , never run small pullies on a hot street car ...
griffin 28x19 , 2 row , 1 1/4 tubes , 17 3/4 clutch type fan , hi flow pump and thermostat , 14'' aux. elec in front of rad. as far away as possible /not to block the airflow...

I'll come back and add this. Don't fall for the old myth that you need to slow down the coolant so it stays in the radiator. That's a complete total myth that's been busted so many times it's not funny. The key is getting the coolant OUT of the engine as quickly as you can and into the radiator where the radiator can shed that heat. The slower the coolant flow, the longer it stays in the radiator, but the longer it also stays in the engine heating up. You want it out of the engine quickly. That's why it's important to get a radiator that's very efficient, so that it can shed the heat in the coolant quickly and return it cool to the engine.

Is it possible to build a 440 A-body with the stock fan?

Is it possible to build a 440 A-body with the stock fan?
Don't see why not.. they did it in '67 with the 383 and there's zero difference to a 440.
1967formulasbaracudacleanup1 044.jpg

Last edited:
I run a KKS 22" big block e body radiator from ebay behond my 511" with two 10" puller fans triggered by a thermostatic switch (180 on 165 off). I can hot lap it at the drag strip on a hot day.

I also attached a picture of the stock style setup. Mechanical fans and high RPM scare me.

20220220_181639.jpg

I used a C body radiator when I built my Duster. That combination worked great. Used a clutch fan and a factory shroud. Tried to make it all look stock even though there was nothing stock about it.

DSC_4078 (Large).JPG

-
Back