What cam would you buy?

-
All of the Lunati cams are made for the .904 lifter, and have faster ramps to take advantage of it.

I respectfully disagree.

A quick look at the advertised and 0.050" duration specs on the lunati voodoo cams of both the Chev and Mopar small block indicate the ramp rates are identical.

I can't figure out how so many people can run 3.91 or 4.10 or higher gears without an overdrive. To me, it makes ever taking my car onto a freeway just ridiculous and annoying. Everyone drives 80+ MPH on the freeway where I live, so I'm usually stuck in the slow lane tach-ing 4000 RPM. Can't hang with that.....maayyybe 3.55's.
Tall tires 28" + with deep gears. 3:55's with 26" tires cruise pretty decent on the highway.

I respectfully disagree.

A quick look at the advertised and 0.050" duration specs on the lunati voodoo cams of both the Chev and Mopar small block indicate the ramp rates are identical.

Exactly. The only off the shelf MoPar specific lobes I know of are from Hughes and the Comp nostalga grinds. There may be others, but I don't think so. The MP cams are *supposed* to be, but they are pretty old tech now. Still work well, though.

Exactly. The only off the shelf MoPar specific lobes I know of are from Hughes and the Comp nostalga grinds. There may be others, but I don't think so. The MP cams are *supposed* to be, but they are pretty old tech now. Still work well, though."As per Rusty Rat Rod". The tradeoff,is knowing known stock valvetrain survives,and lives.Gear needed,maybe a stall converter.The do rock,if you don't buy billet.

I agree with Cracked, I run a 268, .450/.455 mp which is closer to the voodoo you picked, in a truck with a similar combo, but an ld340, and 3.55's, and 2500 stall , and that size performs well with gobs of low end torque.....but for some reason I would have preferred the voodoo....I think its a more agressive grind

Tall tires 28" + with deep gears. 3:55's with 26" tires cruise pretty decent on the highway.

I have 3.7's and 25.1" tires, it's a pretty good compromise IMO for street/strip.

70mph freeway speeds at 3300RPM

-
Back