what carb do i have?

-

JRDART

Owner "Poisoned Dart"
Reaction score
I can't figure out what carb I have it has no name on it and few numbers they read like this

6R 4573

Any ideas?

its a remanned Holley 1945 Kid...i checked out another forum that Dan is on.

ok so upon further investigation (Several months after the initial thread) I still havent fully found what type of carb this actually is...it seems to draw elements from both the 1945 and the Motorcraft..but neither one of them have on them what I noticed recently. On the bottom right behind the return spring for the kickdown lever, there is a small rod that justs from the bottom of the carb to a small rotating platform. if I press this platform down the rod comes down too. the worst part is that I have never seen a carb part like this on any of the 1945 or motorcraft diagrams...what is it and is it a bad thing that it seems to be sticking.

Heres the carb...sorry about the crappy pics

carb.jpg

carb2-1.jpg

and heres the weird rod just behind the kickdown return spring

oddrod.jpg

P10-16-12_2007.jpg

Im only going to bump this early because I need to know what this thing is...Its gonna need a rebuild soon or its bye bye job. I cant rebuild it if Im not sure exactly what it is.

Stopped by the speed shop that I usually do business with now and the ol' boy that owns the place told me that my carb was the Holley 1945 California model..the rod and lever on the bottom is whats called a Gradient Power Enrichment System. So what I would like to know now would be is there a special rebuild kit for this thing or is it the same as the normal 1945 Holley? He couldn't tell me for sure.

Most of the numbers you found are casting numbers and not of much ID use. Best you can do is look on rockauto and ebay. I expect most of the internal parts will interchange but the lower lever is probably an addition for better emissions. Those things became common as carbs continued. A lot of later kits were made to fit many different models, so it may have all you need.

-
Back