what carb should I use ?

-

Mister Mopar

Reaction score
Hey gang,

I have my Duster on the road now and I am having carb issues. It goes like this: 360 4spd car 3:23 gears

I am using a new-to me motor - 360 bored 060 thousandths.
Old Aluminum Weiand DP intake that is set for square bore carb. I had a sweet running thermoquad on my previous motor that I loved. But - I can't use it without a spacer on this intake and I don't want to use a spacer.

Long story short - what Edelbrock carb make and model do I want ? 650 ? 750 (I want an electric choke)

Anyway - I don't have time to type more here - just looking for advice

Thanks

Trevor

Hey gang,

I have my Duster on the road now and I am having carb issues. It goes like this: 360 4spd car 3:23 gears

I am using a new-to me motor - 360 bored 060 thousandths.
Old Aluminum Weiand DP intake that is set for square bore carb. I had a sweet running thermoquad on my previous motor that I loved. But - I can't use it without a spacer on this intake and I don't want to use a spacer.

Long story short - what Edelbrock carb make and model do I want ? 650 ? 750 (I want an electric choke)

Anyway - I don't have time to type more here - just looking for advice

Thanks

Trevor

If you love the thermoquad and it will fit under the hood with the spacer use it. Spacers can add low end torque and improve idle quality (4 hole correctly sized to the carb) or high RPM horsepower (single hole). I would not shy away from one unless there are hood clearance problems.

Use the basic open spread to square adapter for T-Q useage.

Otherwise, the small Edel./Carter is what your looking for.
(AFB 600, AVS 650. Ethier will do you right.)

Im also running a Thermoquad on my new motor. Its my first but havent driven it yet.

If you buy an Edelbrock get a 650AVS one. The 750 AFB style are know to have problems.

-
Back