What Color for 68 GT?

-

Kermit_T_Frog

Reaction score
I've having a hard time trying to pick a color for my Dart. I would like to stay red but would like your opinions. I'm going to keep the vinyl top.

I would paint it red (I love red cars!), but with a white top and white interior, black would look SO cool.
Nice lookin Dart ya have there!!

George

Being an old Vette guy, I would suggest 69 Vette Tuxedo Black. If you want red, I would buy 63 Vette Riverside Red. VERY, very nice shade of red.
Use a urethane base/clear system. Local paint jobber can mix the color, and put together a whole kit for ya from primers to clear.
Good Luck with the Dart.

George

I would paint it any color other than red..LOL
Black,Dark blue,Medium blue,light blue,White,Dark green,Copper,Bronze,Gold,Silver,Burgundy,Turquoise.
OK you got me I would NOT paint it Yellow.If you go with red I would go with one of two colors R4 or R6.Both are 1969 colors
R6 or Scorch Red is a little Darker and R4 or Bright Red is very bright and has a Orange look to it.
My top 2 favorites since your keeping the top.
1..... Silver,Black top,Black interior,Black stripe
2.....Black,Black top,Black interior,Black stripe
Just Please DO NOT Paint it Plum Crazy,Lime Green,Panther Pink,any shade of Yellow or Vitamin C Orange. Just my 2 cents.. Jim

Anything but red... Hemi Orange would look good with the white.... I do not care for red on any car, truck, camper, boat, motorcycle... Well yall get the picture...

But to each their own...

I always thing of the GTS when I think of red 68 Darts. I know yours is only a GT, but it being red would lend it a bit of that GTS gravitas.

I've having a hard time trying to pick a color for my Dart. I would like to stay red but would like your opinions. I'm going to keep the vinyl top.

Sassy Grass Green & Viper Blue.

DartCrop-1.jpg

I recently sold an 07 Ram with Patriot Blue. That truck got lots of compliments and had a nice deep tone when it was dark. Whould that look good w/ white vinyl?

Picture 192.jpg

Picture 202.jpg

Here are the original ads with my color. Why does it has white interior but black vinyl top? I wonder if a modern setup with this color have the same pop.

68 Ad 1.jpg

68 Ad 2.jpg

68 Ad 3.jpg

Mine was R6 red. I don't regret painting it lime green but then again I do. I always wanted a lime green one but the more I work on it, the more I have the "I want to keep it stock" feeling and I think maybe it should have stayed red?

What's done is done though, when I buy a convertible Dart that one will be red or maybe that one will be green and I will change my current one back to red...who knows???

-
Back