-

Schyrjajew

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hello everybody.
I have a little problem.
I need to know what color code my 68 Plym Valiant has. The guy who had it before once repainted it, but it is not exactly the same color (but very close) so I think it is still a Chrysler Color...
On this side are some codes but I am not sure if it is still a 68 color maybe he repaintet it 5 years later or so....

1968 Plymouth Valiant Touch Up Paint - for Valiant Paint Repairs - PaintScratch.com

Can anyone help me?

If it's been repainted your guess is as good as anyone's. Go to a local body shop supply house and match it up in the color map.

If it's been repainted your guess is as good as anyone's. Go to a local body shop supply house and match it up in the color map.
Ok. It's just because I am pretty sure it's a Chrysler Color...
Maybe someone had the same...
But thanks anyway

Is the fender tag under the hood still there? it has the original color code on it if the tag is still there

It never ceases to amaze me how far off those old colour charts are from anything resembling the actual colour .Time has not been kind to them .

I would think a paint jobber over there would have the capability to computer match it and mix it up over there and get you straight. Might have to go to a higher end paint. Here I take a part or the car to the store and they take a picture of it and mix the paint. Actually better accuracy then if they mix off of the code and color names are irrelevant at the paint store. The exterior is different then the paint code so it is off little use. The picture deal is about the only way unless you can find someone willing to take the time to pull out color decks, match it up, spray a test panel, and maybe do a little tinting.

Last edited:
I think it was Bronze Metallic but I don't know the mopar paint code # for it.

I think it was Bronze Metallic but I don't know the mopar paint code # for it.
sorry for the hijack, but I had a 73 Plymouth scamp that looks the same color. the paint code was JY9 and it was called Tahitian Gold Metallic and it was like a brownish gold. your car looks just like my scamp looked. by the way i have 6 trophies for best paint from car shows if not, bring the car or a part of the car to the paint shop and they have a type of lazar gun that will bring up the color. hope this helps you out, and matches. Brian (scampman)

-
Back