What color powder coating intake/accessories?

What color powder coating?

• Black

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Black wrinkle like the valve covers

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • Blue

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Orange

• Silver

Votes: 38 38.8%
  • Natural

• Other

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
Okay so I bought a new intake and I am trying to decide what color to go with for powder coating. I will be getting other items coated as well. It is going on my 98 Ram SS/T. It is black and will have silver stripes eventually like they had from the factory. So should I go blue, orange, black, black wrinkle like the valve covers, natural or silver? Or some other combo? What do you guys think?

So I found a pic I liked that a member of another forum posted. Silver intake with black everything else.

Attachments

• DSC03209.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 349
My intake is powder coated silver with a black motor, my favorite combo! I'd say if your motor is black, then either go with a black or silver intake.

Attachments

• DSC00757.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 365
  • DSC00720.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 327
Leanna the work is coming to you when the time comes to get it done. I have spent the last 2 days looking at your website. This hot rodding is really addictive I have spent a little over $500 in the past 3 weeks on my truck. And there will be more spent before it is done.

Awesome news! :-D Keep in mind I can mail you some swatches -- yesssss, even way over there in Iraq -- if you want to get into more firm color choices while you're still away. I hope you're able to take advantage of the recent Customer Appreciation Special but if that's impossible, rest assured I'll work with you to get you the best deal I can. You may know I've got a 15% Military Discount that's always in effect but your FABO Gold Member status entitles you to 20% off.

Don't hesitate to let me know if I can help out in the meantime dusted! As always, stay safe and keep your head down.

Thanks. I think I am leaning towards either alien silver or chrome for the intake, thermostat housing, and fuel rails and either ink black or wrinkle for the accessory brackets. Still trying to decide but I think it will be ink black nice and shiny and smooth.

Alien Silver is a very versatile powder, and far and away THE most popular choice for intake manifolds. It sparkles like diamonds in the sun and most closely resembles brand new aluminum.

The Super Chrome is also a popular finish, but if you're planning on adding real chrome accents to the motor it probably wouldn't be the best choice -- it'll look a bit dull in comparison to real chrome.

Here is a pic of the intake I bought mine has a few differences but they won't affect the coating process. The thermostat area is slightly different. I have the adapter for the throttle body coming soon as well.

Attachments

• M1 intake.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 284
Nice Corey! Thanks for digging up a photo. If yours is as spotlessly clean as that one, you can knock a few bucks off my quote. :-D Depending on the individual casting (some are better than others), the logo / lettering can be polished up and/or coated a different color to set it off too.

The main reason I ask for photos of your parts is so I can get a good idea on what to expect in my prep work. Rather than just blast it, coat it and get it out the door like most coaters, I try to get your metal as close to perfect as I can before laying one iota of powder on it. If your parts don't look good then neither do I. :-D So how clean it is, any damage / repairs that might be indicated, casting flaws to clean up, threads to helicoil, etc., all go into consideration when I write up my individual quote. On old used parts, a lot of that stuff isn't even obvious until after it's been blasted. But the more I know at the outset about what to expect when working on your parts, the more accurate my quote will be.

Sweet the pics I have from the auction show it to be as nice as that one but you know sometimes pics can be deceiving. I will have my wife take fresh pics when it arrives to her and I will forward them to you as soon as I get them. Thank you for the help.

Ehh, it's okay Corey, don't put your wife out. It's not that important. Besides, I'm sure we'll reach a deal we'll both be comfortable with.

Looks like most of the poll results echo your own opinion. :-D It's a great color choice -- the black and silver really make a stunning combination. This is Kocuda's engine bay with Alien Silver on his big block Victor and Alien Silver over Ink Black on the valve covers.

View attachment Kocuda Ken's engine bay.jpg

Here's a close up ...

View attachment Ink Black and Alien Silver bb MPs.jpg

Mine is powder coated silver

Attachments

• DSCF3629 (Medium).jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 202
  • engine014 (Medium).jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 217
-
Back