Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Copper

Votes: 6 10.3%

• Total voters
-

64drtGt

Slant Six Lunatic
Reaction score
Trying to decide what color I should paint my motor thats going in my 84 D100 truck. The truck will be white and white engine bay. I have a thing for white and black love those two colors together but a black motor just is kind of eh in one way and I like it in another. What do you guys think?

I think a black and white theme could be done in a good way. Find a wat to break up the black on the engine by painting brackets and other accents white.

I voted Gloss Black. Only one at this point....lol. I've done several engines that way, and a few were in White/Black cars. I liked it because any alum/chrome parts or accessories stood out and it never really looked dirty.

iI love the idea of either the chrysler red with either ceramic coated headers or black headers headers, black valve covers and my aluminum intake.

OR Black with white headers or ceramic coated, black and white striped valve covers, aluminum intake.

chevy orange. thats what i painted both my small blocks with. its a much better looking orange than what chrysler ever offered.

red would be nice i also like chrysler turquoise but that may not suit but it would be different.

I voted Gloss Black. Only one at this point....lol. I've done several engines that way, and a few were in White/Black cars. I liked it because any alum/chrome parts or accessories stood out and it never really looked dirty.
that's the plan for the 416 that's being built for my car- black with aluminum.

Another vote for Chrysler Blue.
C

Attachments

• DSC00625.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 230
I voted copper, even though I love hemi orange. Seemed like you want to be different and I think that would be very cool with the white. Not a fan of black engines at all.

This is what the contrast will look like in your truck.

dartenginecompartment.jpg

-
Back