What color to paint my dart?

What color to paint my dart?

• Total voters
-
Sorry, wasn't trying to be an ***. Good luck with sale. its a nice looking car. I shoulda read more carefully. I'm half awake right now.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....I like that silver....I wonder how that would look on a 70 Dart, I havent seen too many 70 Darts painted silver...

Not a 70 but here is House of Color's orion silver.

Attachments

• back end.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 174
I chose a different route for my 1975 Plymouth Valiant Custom 4-door ; a Dupont colour for Aston Martins called "Marron Black", which is a dark brown that in some light looks black. I saw this colour on a Vitesse during the 2011 Frankfurt auto show and was most impressed. I don't like the "chameleon" paint schemes but this colour is elegant and understated, quite in keeping with my wish to build a "sleeper".

The original colour of my car was recorded as brown (marron, in French) in the "carte grise" and I didn't want to pay for a new one, preferring to minimise any bureaucratic headaches.

Attachments

• 1097232_512736078806428_1842005938_o.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 149
  • 705152_512736735473029_1201157557_o.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 153
I'm currently deciding between painting it a metallic silver, or sour apple green metallic. Either way, I will be adding on a 6 pack scoop and painting the hood/scoop with a satin black. cant decide on a body color though.

The bodywork will be less than perfect. but I believe either color that I choose wont be too bad in showing the imperfections..this is my first complete paintjob.

I just want to know what you guys think about the colors?! i'm building my car dolly in the next few days so that i can get going on sanding her down. and then I will be painting her ASAP.

Any metallic color will be a bit tricky to shoot. My advice would be to paint it a.solid color and get away from the metallic. Then you can shoot the car in single stage and nix the clear coat alltogether. The nice thing about single stage is if you get a small scratch and its not into the primer, you can wetsand and buff it out.

If you got your heart set on metallic colors, id go with silver, it hides bodywork flaws much better than a.darker color. Good luck on your project . Post pix for us when ur done.

White all the way its a color you don't see that much..
everybody use blues reds greens you know.. my dart is going to be white.
I have already started it .. with a black strip on the back or not at all..

Attachments

• photo (63).jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 111
  • photo (95).jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 119
  • photo (92).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 115
yea y not two tone it then you have the best of both worlds, just make sure you use low gun air pressure when you spray the base on & also do what they call a spray cross hatch on the last coat of base, this will even out your metallic so it wont look blotchy good luck

-
Back