What color to paint my new engine?

What color should I paint my new engine?

• Orange

Votes: 63 44.4%
  • Blue

Votes: 28 19.7%
  • Black

Votes: 23 16.2%
  • Other

Votes: 28 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Depends on the color of the engine bay. Chrysler blue, Hemi Orange, Charcoal black, all good middle of the road colors. I'd think about contrast, and what looks the best compared to the rest of the surrounding area.

Engine color totally depends on the color of the car or engine bay.
My friend just did a motor for his 68 Satelite and didn't know what color to use. The car and engine bay are Sassy Grass Green
His 383 was blue before with the Camaro chrome valve covers. I told him blue, orange, or red will clash with the green.
He went black with the MP valve covers, clear coated the intake, and polished billet pulleys. It looks sweet on the stand and once its placed in that green engine bay (tonight) it will look even better.

Brown engine bay
have had hemi orange. and black on my chebys, which makes oil leaks very hard to find if you have a problem w/ them. I found a massey ferguson silver that is about 101% metal pigment w/ the base color just a tad off silver, as in a tiny tint of gold, absolutoly beautiful. (. TO ME ANYWAY) I got the prettiest engine-trans-driveshaft I`ve ever seen!

Depends on the color of the engine bay. Chrysler blue, Hemi Orange, Charcoal black, all good middle of the road colors. I'd think about contrast, and what looks the best compared to the rest of the surrounding area.

This^^^^…… Being brown E/C, a bright orange or red.

The motor was hemi orange before the rebuild so I might go back to it. My oil pan is already powder coated orange anyways.

Orange if it's a street rod no matter what color the engine bay is, black if it's a race car.Keep the aluminum heads natural.
If you want a stock look, paint it all factory correct blue....Just my taste, I have all of the above.

I'm going with orange or blue I think. I hate leaks with a passion and those two colors make finding leaks easy.

Here's my 340, Eddy heads and manifold all painted to look factory. Fools a lot of people without looking closely !

Attachments

• dsc_0008.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 284
  • dsc_0009.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 281
  • DSCN3215.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 297
If my engine bay looked anywhere near that good I would consider doing that. If I popped my hood and people saw a motor that clean in a engine bay like mine they would know something was up. The car is a sleeper though.

I am the second owner of it. I got it from a 97 year old women who put a dent on every body panel. Has some rust in the normal spots. Original paint and I'm trying to track down some wheels and hubcaps from 73 to put on it. Bench seat with Column shift. And I'm going to throw some electric cut outs on it to try and hide the give away of a 400 hp small block.

Ford Blue. Make people wonder.

If my engine bay looked anywhere near that good I would consider doing that. If I popped my hood and people saw a motor that clean in a engine bay like mine they would know something was up. The car is a sleeper though.

I am the second owner of it. I got it from a 97 year old women who put a dent on every body panel. Has some rust in the normal spots. Original paint and I'm trying to track down some wheels and hubcaps from 73 to put on it. Bench seat with Column shift. And I'm going to throw some electric cut outs on it to try and hide the give away of a 400 hp small block.

Don't let your engine bay stop you from having a nicely detailed engine. A good friend of mine has a bunch of cars, all of them are drivers with their fair amount of dings, scratches, faded paint, etc..... BUT every engine looks pristine, and when he pops the hood you forget about the rest of the car ! Make it as clean as possible, you will be happy with it and everyone will take notice to the detail !!

I think leaving the aluminum heads and intake natural looks great....that's the way mine is. I would paint the engine black...it looks good, goes with everything, and hides dirt and oil seepage well :D....granted, I'm biased since this is exactly how mine is....minus the dirt and oil of course, lol.

I think leaving the aluminum heads and intake natural looks great....that's the way mine is. I would paint the engine black...it looks good, goes with everything, and hides dirt and oil seepage well :D....granted, I'm biased since this is exactly how mine is....minus the dirt and oil of course, lol.

How do you know if yours is "minus the dirt and oil" if you can't see it if it were there??? :D

My red 318 in my 68 fastback disappears in my red engine bay, I would like to change it to turquoise but I'm afraid of getting flak because its not correct.

Gloss black powdercoated a bunch of misc brackets, pulleys and bolts. Gloss black VHT the engine. Cleared the transmission. Leanna did the valve covers. The aluminum intake is powdercoated gloss silver. Got some grey plug wires and zinc coated headers.

Attachments

• IMG_0589.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0588.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 229
-
Back