What could I have hurt?

-

DERICKS

Reaction score
I was leaving work today and my car was still cold and i hit the throttle in first gear not hard but enough to make it hestitate then come on for about a 1-2 second burst, no high rpm. Imediately I had a new noise that sounds...no kidding like a heat shield on a catelytic (sp?) converter came loose...except I have none. The noise is not all the time but does come up in each gear with a little rpm. No change in oil pressure or how it runs (no miss)....just a disturbing noise. How could I have hurt it? what my be wrong?

converter bolts or flexplate?

Trans dust shield hitting the bolts?

I had something like that with a 318 in a 1/2 ton truck. When I would make it pull a little harder than normal the crank would move enough to allow the 4 flex plate bolts to hit the front trans shield.

I agree on checking flexplate bolts. I had 340 that took out thrust brg on crank and it would shift and flex bolts would rub on inspection plate.

The torque converter bolts are tight and i cant see any cracks but I cant get all the way to the crank. Would a spun rod bearing drop oil pressure?

-
Back