What cross over can I use on a 273

-

nicoles

Reaction score
I kind of new to mopar motors and want to know what dress up items will fit the 273ci .I don't see many valve covers ,chrome water necks does the 318 stuff fit ?

I kind of new to mopar motors and want to know what dress up items will fit the 273ci .I don't see many valve covers ,chrome water necks does the 318 stuff fit ?

Most all SB (273 - 360) bolt-ons should fit no problem. (If you can find any)! Chrome water necks are mostly crap and only last about a year before the have to be changed. (my opinion).

I think when it comes to "MOPARS" alot of stuff can be bought through Mopar Performace or places like Summit and Year One. Again I know in "Canada" We are a completely different breed. Chevy & Ford parts, bolt-ons tend to be a dime a dozen hanging everywhere with sells ect. As well them other guys seem to be catered too big time. If I ever need somthing, it mostly has to be ordered in from...well the States though NAPA, LORDCO. MOPAR stuff is never stocked unless like gaskets, brake pads..

Agian...That's what make us soooo different. We have to work harder and enjoy more!!!!:burnout:

I wouldn't use a chrome neck. I think I tried 3 and never could get one to seal. I'd hate to know how many times I tried to get them to seal. I finaly swapped to a factory style one and no more worries.

thanks guys ! I started to put the steering box on today after work. sure love the daylight saving time of year.it was 9;00 before I stoped for the night . Don

You can use a Chevywater neck if you wish.
Other "Dress UP' Items can be rather generic while MoPar only things like valve covers can be had through most major HI-po part makers. Example Edel. MoPar performance Offenhauser Mildon, M/T - Holley.

All S/B MoPars will swap these type of parts from engine to engine.

It is the early 273 that has a bolt angle difference on the intake and a valve size issue when stepping up in size.

-
Back