What dashboard gauges are most useful for a slant?

-

Slugfarm

Mostly Harmless
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I burned out the old stock temperature gauge on the dashboard of my '65 Valiant 100, And I think I just want to get a newer gauge rather than mess with restoring the inaccurate old one. Ant then I thought 'hell, as long as I'm doing that maybe I should get one of those 3 gauge clusters that mounts under the dash or something, maybe get a more accurate oil pressure gauge as well, something else maybe too'.

So if I were looking to get actually helpful gauges for my car and it's slightly rowdy 4-barrel 225 and manual 3-speed, what should I be looking at? I already have an AutoMeter tach on the dashboard that I refer to more than the speedometer. Or should I just repair/replace the factory temp gauge and call it good?

Water temp
Oil pressure
Voltage

If you want to really go big...

Oil temp
Trans fluid temp
Ammeter

I have a Tach and Vac on One side and Volts and Oil Pressure on the other...

guages.jpg

All I have on Vixen is the stock cluster with fuel, temp, amp and oil LIGHT. I do have a small Sun tach on the left side of the column. I did however later on put an oil pressure gauge under the hood, simply because I was curious. 75 plus cold idling and 45-50 hot idling and it zips to 75 plus hot when I blip the throttle.

mos def oil press and water temp. volts if you're going for the triple tap.

Being a desert car my 64 Dart gauge cluster was literally turning to dust. Along with being sun bleached.
Low buck was going with Equus Gauges oil, water, volts,fuel. Work well and have done 3 cars with them.
The little red light near the key is the oil light. I like to have both.Un finished work.

IMG_1955.jpg

I burned out the old stock temperature gauge on the dashboard of my '65 Valiant 100, And I think I just want to get a newer gauge rather than mess with restoring the inaccurate old one. Ant then I thought 'hell, as long as I'm doing that maybe I should get one of those 3 gauge clusters that mounts under the dash or something, maybe get a more accurate oil pressure gauge as well, something else maybe too'.

So if I were looking to get actually helpful gauges for my car and it's slightly rowdy 4-barrel 225 and manual 3-speed, what should I be looking at? I already have an AutoMeter tach on the dashboard that I refer to more than the speedometer. Or should I just repair/replace the factory temp gauge and call it good?
1965 Plymouth Barracuda Restomod - 5.9L Crate V8 - Automatic - Absolute Stunner! - accauctions.com....the ones in this old Barracuda are nice

-
Back