What did I do wrong? FIXED IT!!

-
I am leaning toward a stator support problem. Even though they look the same, have the same number of rings, I am still leaning there. The pump housing and stator support I used came from my previous tranny which was also a 727 that I blew up. It has sat for 4 years and although I think it looks great it may not be. I think I am going to rebuild my old pump housing and stator and reinstall them. I hope the local tranny shop has parts for these.

Jack

Jack the best and easiest way to verify if the pump/stator you used is incompatible is by a simple air pressure test. If there's a compatibility issue something won't engage when you apply air and you'll hear air leaking. You can even do this test with the components stacked on the bench. I do this test on every trans I rebuild to ensure everything is working properly before installation

I rebuilt the old pump and all is well in Demon country again. I did some comparing of the 2 pumps I had and there were some not so easy to see differences but it looks like they were important. I installed new bushings, rings, gaskets and thrust washer. Thanks for all the help guys, as usual it was great.

Jack

Glad you got it fixed Jack. Happy motoring

It was happy motoring for about an hour. I blew my torque converter when I decided to show off and limped home with my tail between my legs. Not a real big deal but the tranny had to come out again. Ended up with a crack in it that was spilling fluid. It is getting rebuilt and will be going back in today. There didn't appear to be any problems with the tranny either when I was driving or after I dropped the tranny out again. The shop said they have seen a few like this and it was very fixable.

Jack

It was happy motoring for about an hour. I blew my torque converter when I decided to show off and limped home with my tail between my legs. Not a real big deal but the tranny had to come out again. Ended up with a crack in it that was spilling fluid. It is getting rebuilt and will be going back in today. There didn't appear to be any problems with the tranny either when I was driving or after I dropped the tranny out again. The shop said they have seen a few like this and it was very fixable.

Jack

:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

It's all back together again and all is well. I'm off to the Atlantic Nationals in the morning. With my fingers crossed. LOL

Jack

-
Back