What did it run

-
Thanks.
It sounds great and you got some great videos!

You think you could have kept it in 2nd gear?

My build is similar to yours. 5.9 Magnum, stock bottom end, honed, new rings and bearings, Edelbrock 2.02 heads, regrind cam .517, .215/.223, 8.75 -3.23. Air Gap, Smaller carb 650 AVS. I love the way it just keeps pulling up to 80 mph. I can't wait to take it down the track!! It will be my first time.
With the stock cam I was shifting around 4800, with a bigger cam and better springs it might be possible shifting at 6000 and holding 2nd past the finish line.

With the stock cam I was shifting around 4800, with a bigger cam and better springs it might be possible shifting at 6000 and holding 2nd past the finish line.
Wow that thing runs! Think about how fast it would be if it had 3.91’s and a 904 trans! As it is it runs 13.60’s in the quarter! WOW!

Wow that thing runs! Think about how fast it would be if it had 3.91’s and a 904 trans! As it is it runs 13.60’s in the quarter!

I had 3.91's in it right away. Didn't work at all with a 4800 red line :lol:

why wouldn’t it work? Even with converter slip in the quarter mile it would easily go 100 mph at 10% over peak power which would be 5300 rpm.

Wow that thing runs! Think about how fast it would be if it had 3.91’s and a 904 trans! As it is it runs 13.60’s in the quarter!

why wouldn’t it work? Even with converter slip in the quarter mile it would easily go 100 mph at 10% over peak power which would be 5300 rpm.
I'd drive it to work in the morning at 65mph it would turn 3100rpm. Go to pass a car and have to worry about floating the valves, no thanks. I could see keeping the 3.91's in for a track only car but I'm sticking with the 3.23's on the street.

I'd drive it to work in the morning at 65mph it would turn 3100rpm. Go to pass a car and have to worry about floating the valves, no thanks. I could see keeping the 3.91's in for a track only car but I'm sticking with the 3.23's on the street.
Man if you are floating the valves at 3100 then the gear isnt your problem. Maybe fix the valve springs lol.

-
Back