What did you get this weekend?

-

camd64

Remember Landy
Reaction score
This weekend has worked out pretty good for me. I was able to pick up a new computer desk for about half the original price and a couple new guns to add to the collection. Since we moved out here in June money has been tight but we where finally able to get some fun money to play around with. First stop was Wallmart to pick up the Savage 64F .22LR then off to Academy to pick up the Ruger P95 9mm. After that came the new stuff for the house. :-D Anyone else get any new toys>...

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 013.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 227
Well, I didn't get it this weekend, but I did recently get a new Ruger LCR in .357 (KLCR). I......uh......don't think I'll be firing all that much magnum stuff through there......+P .38 hollowpoints are bad enough.

"I ain't as good a shot's I used 'ta be, but I'm still good enough to hit YOU"

Well, I didn't get it this weekend, but I did recently get a new Ruger LCR in .357 (KLCR). I......uh......don't think I'll be firing all that much magnum stuff through there......+P .38 hollowpoints are bad enough.

"I ain't as good a shot's I used 'ta be, but I'm still good enough to hit YOU"

Nice! I have always like .357's, I have had my Smith & Wesson 686 for about 10 years now (my first gun). My mom is looking to get her CCW license so we are looking into the Ruger LCP .380 she likes the recoil of my 9 but not the weight.

Picked up a cheap case for my XD-40 and 100 extra rounds then did a full break down and cleaning of it. Yesterday I got bored and went to my tattoo shop and got some more work done.

Crappy cellphone pic. We have one more session left on this piece then I am getting a portrait of my grandpa on the back of my leg.

My design that my artist did some work to.

Photo0443.jpg

It's also a cover up of some crappy 1995 tribal scratch that was on my shoulder.

Photo0442.jpg

Eventually this will get blended into the one on my forearm and it will be fully sleeved.
Photo0441.jpg

After shooting my buddies Judge last weekend I am thinking about getting one...

Photo0413.jpg

I saw a couple of Judges at Academy yesterday, they have the intimidation look down for sure. I really want to rent one next time at the range. What ammo where you firing?

Pair of socks and a piece of ***,and they both were to big ! :-D

What I got this weekend is a Hard-On for a new Rifle...

Some friends and I went to our Local Gun Show and I really fell for a Savage 10PC bolt action rifle in .308 caliber.

SV18605lg.jpg

--

I like the ruger. I have a p89 9mm. Its my aniversary tommorrow and I got a set of car dollys. my garage has a divider between thedoors so i cant open the door on the side that i drive in.now i can drive in and roll it to the center and open both sides.

Nice! I have always like .357's, I have had my Smith & Wesson 686 for about 10 years now (my first gun). My mom is looking to get her CCW license so we are looking into the Ruger LCP .380 she likes the recoil of my 9 but not the weight.

Agreed on the .357s and 9mm Autos:

S&W:

th_357001.jpg

Browning HiPower:

th_9mm001.jpg

As far as .380, IMHO you can't go wrong with a Walther PPK/s (my first gun):

DisplayPic.aspx

Or a SIG 232:

29726.jpg

--

Bear in mind the Ruger LCR (KLCR) is no every day .357. They are an incredibly light 5 shot with a shrouded hammer for ccw

Even standard .38's have more punch than a 380--which I used to carry, but shooting .357's in this thing is nearly painful. I'm 62 and have fairly serious arthritis at this point. So +P seems a good compromise

What I got this weekend is a Hard-On for a new Rifle...

Some friends and I went to our Local Gun Show and I really fell for a Savage 10PC bolt action rifle in .308 caliber.

SV18605lg.jpg

--

I just checked out the specs on this one and man that is one sweet rifle. I have been looking at getting an Axis .308 for a nice Leupold scope I got from a friend last year.

As for the .380 Im going to let her fire a couple and see what one she likes. Im usually a cheapskate and pick the best one for my budget but of course thats not an option for my moms firearm. She held a PPK and liked the feel and size of it. Ill see if we can find a Sig for her to fire at the range next time out.

I like the ruger. I have a p89 9mm. Its my aniversary tommorrow and I got a set of car dollys. my garage has a divider between thedoors so i cant open the door on the side that i drive in.now i can drive in and roll it to the center and open both sides.

I gotta say I'm new to the Ruger line but my uncle swears by their reliability and he is the one who turned me onto them. From everything I have heard and read the P series seems to be very well worth the money. Oh and congrats on the anniversary!

I gotta say I'm new to the Ruger line but my uncle swears by their reliability and he is the one who turned me onto them. From everything I have heard and read the P series seems to be very well worth the money. Oh and congrats on the anniversary!

Time will tell about the LCR. They have plastic parts. I've owned a number of large bore Ruger pistols before arthritis got to me. I've owned 4 Ruger Superblackhawks in 44mag, a Blackhawk 'convertible' (came with a .357 cylinder and a 9mm cylinder) I still have my 4" Security six and a .22 Mark I My Ruger 10-22 really didn't survive the house fire. It's rather unattractive nowadays. big rust scabs 'n stuff

All those along with a wandering 1911, Browning Hi-power, couple/ 4 S&W semiautos, including a "long slide" .45, some .380's and a Browning BDA which is supposed to be able to switch from DA to SA. Has a DA pull about like a bumper jack.

Another bumper jack of a DA pull was on an otherwise decent little gun, the DA only AMT backup. Just about had to have hydraulic assist on the trigger.

What'd I get this weekend???

Thanks to Billy, sick as a freakin dog! Nasty head cold, coughing, hacking, feeling like my lungs are being ripped out of my chest. I did get a lot of much-needed sleep though.

Anyone wants to try out their new gun, you can use my head as a target. I probably wouldn't feel it anyway. :-D

picked up a few things
fake fireplace cool
couple toycars
soccerball for the youngest kid

Attachments

• Picture 283.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Picture 287.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Picture 288.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Picture 290.jpg