WHat disc conversion kit to use????

-

Fstforward

Barracuda Freak
Reaction score
I am in the process of restoring/modifying my 1964 barracuda.

I already have the disc swap assemblies for the front(discs/ spindles, UCA's) form a 73 Dart sport.

I will soon be tearing down the 8-3/4 rear end I have, cleaning it up, and getting it powder coated.

I figger, while it's apart, I might as well upgrade the rears from drums to discs, also. If I'm going, I might as well go all of the way.

Anybody have any suggestions as to what upgrade kits to uses/?? Balance performance and price. Summit has a complete upgrade assy, complete with e-brake for under $600.

What other ones are out there, and what ones are definite "steer clear of these" systems.

any and all help and suggestions are deeply appreciated.

FF

I just received my summit rear disc brake setup,,,, 485$ with shipping to me. I'm looking into using a 95 grand cherokee master cylinder,,,, it's for dual disc. I just gotta figure if the ratio is the same. Making a 4 to 2 bolt adapter is no problem. I'll try to get a thread going once i get started on it....

One other guy did a summit kit and he loved it, I believe he used a power booster, and that's the one thing i'm going to try and avoid, we'll see.

-
Back