What do I need to know about this?

-
I'd be suspicious. There's not a Dana that I know of with a 9.250 ring gear. The Dana 60 has a 9.750 diameter ring gear, the Dana 44 has a 8.5 diameter ring gear the Dana 70 has a 10.54 diameter ring gear so I don't know what the hell they're talking about. Even if it's a Dana 60, you'll have the expense of cutting the housing to fit, cutting and resplining the axles.....IF they can be resplined and then getting the bracketry right on it.

That part number is for a Chrysler 9.25" axle, not a Dana. The rear cover looks almost like a stop sign. They are strong, but are c-clip axles if you care. The ad says it's 5x4.5" pattern. I'd be interested in seeing what the length is.

It could be worth looking into, but probably not something I'd mess with. I'd find out the gear ratio, verify the bolt pattern, and see how long it is before making any decisions. That axle was used for a long time. It may still be used. I'm not sure.

Dana/ Spicer made at least one axle between 44 and 60, I KNOW they made something called a "53" Don't know what all or not it was used in, probably "older stuff." Friend of mine narrowed one under his Jeep Military. They may have been used in older Jeep pickups

Thanks for the info. More than likely I'm not going to open that can of worms. I still have a ton of body work and paint to to first.

-
Back