what do i need?

-

bayyum

Reaction score
i have a 77 360 outta a motorhome, and im looking at a 64 dart, what will i need to do the conversion? i dont want to buy another k-member, so what can i do??

No k-frame change needed just get the mounts from schumacher creative. you will also need a small block trans., exhaust manifolds for a 64-66 or headers from someone like tti, dougs, spitfire, etc., V8 centerlink for a 64-66, and a few other odds and ends. But that about totals up the major changes.

I converted my '64 a few years ago and its a pretty straight forward swap.

Needed items would be v-8 early a center link, better cooling, v-8 tranny and driveline. I know there is more but, I'm on my way to work.

Does he need a center sump oil pan and pick up tube aswell????? Bayyum I have the same exact year engine in my challenger out if a motorhome and I left the 2 barrell on it it runs real good, will smoke the tires and I have 8 3/4 posi too no kidding....Not very far but will light them up

Yup, requires a center sump pan and pickup, throttle cable setup (from v-8 64-66 a body works well) and most likely a right angle oil filter adapter. Also a tranny kickdown assembly or cable.

I,d just leave the 6 cyl. in it and drive til you gather parts needed,you will also want to start looking for a rear..8 1/4 or 8 3/4,maybe a Dana?Are you buying or just looking?

Right now, I'm just scouting out to see if it would be worth the hassle of converting to a v8, you think it would just be better to run the /6?

I,m just saying run the 6 til you can afford to do the swap.Drive the car and have fun as it is!:cheers:

There is a 1st Gen Barracuda in a salvage yard near me that has the center link, manifolds, gas pedal, still in it. It is a V8 car.

if you get motor mounts out of an early v8 car those would work as well. you will need early 273 manifold or custom headers to clear the steering. and as said before, centerlink, cable throttle pedal, possibly a new cooling system, but i hear you can just use and electric fan that will pull more air in than the stock fan..but the outlet of the stock radiator may be on the wrong side..

The required tranmission for the 360 will need different shifter, linkage, and drive shaft.
slant to V8 is a long row to hoe but many have done it. The needed parts will come to you in time. Lets just hope the slant lives long enough. Good luck

-
Back