what do they mean???

-

sbmopar318

Reaction score
my stamped block numbers read as follows 360 5L 14941 CM

can someone point me in the direction of where to find info to figure out what this means?

It depends on "where" this stamping comes from.

The most important information on a block is usually cast,...like 360-3, calender date, 1975 (ect), night/day shift.

The numbers you have sound like they are coming from below the drivers side head in front, and I would guess they have to do with the vehicle your 360 was originally installed in....the last numbers sound exactly like a production number which would coorespond to a VIN...the rest I cannot help you with....hope that helps.

lol yes i know rumblefish lol i know but even you got to admit sometime you get a really really fast response lol there under cyl head driver side

No harm no foul is what I say. Better to error on the side of caution.

Hummm, did you post this twice? Once with a picture?

Look at the drivers side of the block for casting numbers. Those under the cylinder head are stamped in numbers. I forget what they mean and I'm not sitting nextr to my books.

(This was a drive by posting, gotta get my *** in gear for the overnight shift......)

no the cast numbers on block date it as a march 4th 1975 production i always under stood that the stampeed numbers under cyl head were your specifications like bore for example over sized or undersized due to factory imperfections and tolerence stacking but either way guess it dont really matter just curious lol been wirewheeling for two days trying to get my lil small block ready for paint

-
Back