What do u guys think of this 64 Valiant for a Daily Driver

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plymouth-Ot...c389e250c&item=121208972556&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

So I've been thinking of an early valiant for a daily driver. Looking for a /6 car, nothing too fancy but in good condition.

I found this 64 listed on ebag. I'm thinking of dropping the hammer and making the opening bid of 4K, but I wouldn't want to go much higher. Keep in mind it would cost me another $850 or so to get it home to Colorado. Looks like a decent car, straight, no rust, new interior, rebuilt /6, A/C (nonworking), and has sbp disks up front.

Opinions ?

Looks very sweet but you would have someone to look it over in person first, wouldn't you?

good looking car-- but the 3 photos of the ribbon-- are excessive!!?

I would have a member check it out if possible-- you cannot tell by those photos the fine details-- 4 k isn't chump change-- shoot you should buy the 64 dart convert for sale in Wichita
http://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/4117215889.html

he was wanting right around 5 k-- good luck ,Lawrence

For that kind of money I would think you could get something a lot more attractive and better investment in the 67-73 year range.

seems kinda high for an early one

I dunno.....it's hard for me to wrap my head around how much of a (dependable) car you can get with these earlies! The amazing part to me is....how much did it cost new in '64? About $2700 maybe? Now think about inflation and what percentage of a house $2700 could've bought you back then.

Now think about how close to "new condition" this particular Plymouth is........I dunno, $4000 seems almost amazing to me, especially when you consider what you're getting, and the true value of $4K nowadays.

For that kind of money I would think you could get something a lot more attractive and better investment in the 67-73 year range.

seems kinda high for an early one

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He says he's thinking of an early-A. I'd much rather have an early one and to me they are more attractive. And built better.

Sweet either one works for me.
Fun to drive and people just look at it all the time I love mine good luck

if thats original paint it probably isn't a bad price as long as it isn't rotted underneath.

the passenger side looks like it has a cheap repaint. i would want to look real close to make sure body and paint wasn't half assed.

if thats original paint it probably isn't a bad price as long as it isn't rotted underneath. the passenger side looks like it has a cheap repaint. i would want to look real close to make sure body and paint wasn't half assed.
agreed. Looks like a sweet car though

I hear what u guys are saying about getting it checked out. And if I can find someone near there I'll do that.

Also, I am a little concerned about not seen any pics of the under side, it could be rusty, or full of bondo. I agree with abodyjoe, that it does kinda look like its had a cheap repaint at some point. He didn't really say if it was ever painted.
I did email this guy a few days ago asking for more info and more pics. He actually posted more pics in his ad after I requested more.
In his email response to me he didn't respond directly to my question about rust issues. He just stated that "it wouldn't have a blue ribbon from mopar show if it had rust".

Not sure I want to make that opening bid unless I can find someone to check it out for me.

Ranidart, if you want attractive and a good investment, look at my Dart. I've got it fixed up so nice now that i'm almost scared to drive it.
The valiant would be something that I could put more miles on without worrying about my fancy paint job, etc.
I do like the 67 - 72 cars, but I already have one. I've never owned an early A

In his email response to me he didn't respond directly to my question about rust issues. He just stated that "it wouldn't have a blue ribbon from mopar show if it had rust".

enough to make me move on.. i don't have time for those stupid games..

Here you go, check into this: http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/4174860679.html

And, it's close to you.

Looks WAY better even though it looks worse, lol! Seriously, closer, looks clean, its a Signet, V8 etc... Not fond of the yella, but you should personalize it anyways, great value IMO.

And yes after the ribbon comment about rust...

I may be a little biased on the 65, but ya I think its a no brainer, it would be mine if it was closer!

GL

That'd be enough for me to tell him to fluffy off. Your question about rust is legit. If you're serious about buying, he needs to address it. I'd move on to the next one if I were you.

That yellow 65 has been on craigslist for a few weeks. However, last week it was priced at $3500 !
Looks like he has come down on his price by $1500
He has also added more pics to his ad.

This car could be an option, but really I don't see how you guys could say its a better car?
Other than the V8. It looks like a cheap repaint at best, and every pic that shows the drivers side of the car, it looks like the drivers door is a different shade of yellow.
It needs a complete interior, dashpad is cracked, radio missing, cheap aftermarket steering wheel, kick panels missing, door panels have holes cut for speakers. Needs at least carpet, upholstery as well.
It has a single res master cyl, and no doubt drum brakes. And the grill is bent up.

The Blue 64 already has a new interior, dashpad is nice, all chrome on dash looks nice, it has A/C, power disk brakes, a new front sway bar, the grill is perfect, and it pretty much looks like a car you could jump in and drive anywhere.

The 65 definitely has the price advantage, and no shipping costs, but looks like much more of a "project" to me, where the other car looks finished and ready to drive.

OK, never mind, this asshole on Ebay is pissing me off.

I don't know how he can get away with changing his ad once its posted, but things have changed.

First there was "no reserve" on the auction, just an opening bid price of $4000, and there was not a "buy it now price"

I just looked at the ad this morning, and theres still no bids, but it now says "reserve not met", and theres a buy I now price of $7000.
Obviously this guy is a crack head.

I'm Done !

OK, never mind, this asshole on Ebay is pissing me off.

I don't know how he can get away with changing his ad once its posted, but things have changed.

First there was "no reserve" on the auction, just an opening bid price of $4000, and there was not a "buy it now price"

I just looked at the ad this morning, and theres still no bids, but it now says "reserve not met", and theres a buy I now price of $7000.
Obviously this guy is a crack head.

I'm Done !

He has 26 watchers and 1 bidder now :D. It is my understanding that the ad can't be changed once a bid has been placed, unless that has changed so the manipulation of the ad is over.

This car could be an option, but really I don't see how you guys could say its a better car?
Other than the V8. It looks like a cheap repaint at best, and every pic that shows the drivers side of the car, it looks like the drivers door is a different shade of yellow.
It needs a complete interior, dashpad is cracked, radio missing, cheap aftermarket steering wheel, kick panels missing, door panels have holes cut for speakers. Needs at least carpet, upholstery as well.
It has a single res master cyl, and no doubt drum brakes. And the grill is bent up.

yea that yellow one looks to need some work. god knows whats under that paint..

no way is that blue one worth 7k.

yea that yellow one looks to need some work. god knows whats under that paint.. no way is that blue one worth 7k.

I'm sure the guy with the yellow one is willing to tell you about the car without being a d!ck though. That IMO makes the yellow one a better deal. It may need a little work, but he is just looking for a driver.

i hear ya. the yellow one is cheap but you have to take into consideration what it needs. would have to see it in person..

-
Back