Indy 440-1 heads 58cc, 2,25" intake, 1,81" exhaust
Jesel 1,7 rockers
copper head gaskets
Manley nextek valvsprings
M1 intakemanifold
1050cfm holley carb rebuilt to run with E85
2,25" headers, 4" collectors, open exhaust
Static cr about 14,2:1

mechanical rollercam, have not decided which yet.

MSD 6al, MSD probillet distributor

The car:
Dodge dart gt -68
Glassfiber hood, frontfenders and bumpers
2700lbs
rebuilt 727 trans, manual, reverspattern
stock rear lefsprings
competitionengeneering shocks
8,75" axle 35splines with spool, 4,56.
31x10,5"w Et drag

So what should I expect from this combo?? And what cam should i use?

Thats a good combo your starting with. the gear may be a bit much, id say a 4.30 with that tire. are you gutting the car to get it down to 2700? If this is all correct id say low low 10s or an easy mid to high 9 sec.

Thats a good combo your starting with. the gear may be a bit much, id say a 4.30 with that tire. are you gutting the car to get it down to 2700? If this is all correct id say low low 10s or an easy mid to high 9 sec.
Also it aint going to happen whithout moving the springs and going with a ladder bar or cal trac set up

I think for what you're doing the Source crank and Eagle rods are the bottom and middle of the road respectively. I would not expect much for longevity if this is a race engine. What I see wrong in terms of parts matching...The intake should be either the 440-14-3 or the (-3x). You need a 4500 carb pattern with the max wedge port window and some volume. The M1 is not even in that league. If this is a street car I'd go with a full custom Dominator from Bigs that will flow 12-1300cfms. For the cam, Comp has some fast rates that work well with 1.7-1.8 rockers but they are brutal on valve springs and you'll have to check them yearly. BTW, no way in hell should that 8 3/4 be in there. Get a Dana 60 w/4.56s or 4.88s. If you want to make 700-800hp reliably I would at least upgrade the crank to a K1 so the journal finish is perfect.

No doubt an Indy intake. i have the max wedge port standard 4150 with a 4500 Adapter . i know folks have there complaints about Indy cylinder head but i never had any problems with cutomer service, call them and explain what your wanting to build and they can recommend the cam and related hardware. if you go with a 4.25 stroke your adding a lot of torque leverage so i would be concerned with the gear you choose

-
Back