What do ya'll think?

-

73SWING

Reaction score
Now that I am working again, I'm starting to work on my sedan alot more and have actually been thinking about paint and what not.

I would like your opinions.

goal with the car is somewhere between these two photos.

pic 1 is car in current condition and 2 is a sample car

2009-11-03 15.18.55.jpg

pht20071201hd00.jpg

You want my opinion, well here it is. Your car is a basic 4 door driver, the other car is a high dollar Mr. Norm car. That covers a pretty wide spectrum of possibilities.

Take the aspects of the other car that you like the most and try to adapt them to your car. If you like the paint and the scoop, fine. If it's the big wheels, have at it. It's your car, build it the way you like. But be aware, it's a four door and unless you're a master fabricator, it will always will be a four door and will be valued as such.

Good luck with your build and don't worry what other people's opinions are. You're building your car for your enjoyment not others!!

Now that I am working again, I'm starting to work on my sedan alot more and have actually been thinking about paint and what not.

I would like your opinions.

Okeydokey,
Nothing wrong with the 4 doors!!!:love7:

Their values are what the market will bear, after all there are only so many butchered, beat & messed with 2 doors to go around! (Got that outa my system)
Anyway, Opinion? Everybody will have one so here's mine.:cheers:

Start by viewing a pain chip book at the paint shop for the year & make of your vehicle. Look at the fresh color you car is really supposed to be - the 35 years of sun & weather. Take the chip chart out side and look at it in the sun. See if you start warming up to or liking the original color. Looks like yours is now SANS vinyl top so you can use that area as accent color. (If you want to go towards custom) Dark, light, patterns whatever, just make a scheme to go with the color you finally choose for the base of the car. If you like a different color in the same year, go for it for base but be prpaired to change door jambs, under hood, under trunk deck, inside trunk deck, inner wheel wells, fire wall, engine bay, etc. If your still not feelin the chroma go to newer years. Alot more metalics, irridesents, brighter more intense shades and metallic colors the new in years you get, but nothing like the 70's for colors!
The main thing is to paint a color that stimulates your senses. As long as were talking sense, being a 4 door really lends itsef for 2 things, lead sled, or sleeper.
It's never going to be as sporty as a 2 door but thats ok. Own your 4 doorship!! LOL!
Design as if your designing for a 4 door. Keep in mind people buy 4 doors for price, condition, kids.

4 door do's:
Solids OK with stock trim as long as its metal. (just ditch the rubber & plastic)
pinstrips? don't over do and can't stress classy enough, but with pinstripes, it's how many you don't paint, not how many you can put on!!
Multiple colors ok but should let body lines determine breaks. Patterns & effects should only be used for trim/accent panels.
Exotic interior apholstery. Go for it! In a 4 door, the plusher the better!
Custom interior lighting. Go for it! Under dash, under back seat lip, opera on inside sail panel, LED's in dash, fine.
Also ok to put in monster Mopar power for sleeper effect!

4 door don'ts:
DON'T TRY TO MAKE LOOK LIKE A 2 DOOR!! (unless your going to cut it in half like waggon, that would be cool)
Don't go into too many complicated ricer graphics ie: Fast & Furious, they just don't look good on a 4 door.
Don't put a strip around the trunk deck! People wold just snicker behind your back! LOL!!:-D

Well there it is, you asked for it and got it, my opinion. It will not be the same as yours or others, but it's mine, you're welcome to it and thought I would be nice enough to share this morning!

Good Luck, and see you at the chip charts!!!8)

4 doors.jpg

I thank you 64dart170 :cheers: nice right up bud :happy10:
Like said before it's your car and the main thing is that you enjoy it.:happy10:
I like 4 doors and yours is a great year to build, you can make a great show and go car out of it I do like the solid colors and the color of the Mr Norms you picked out looks real nice =P~

Here is Bill Dedman's 4 door that will scream
Enjoy your great A body

Bill Dedman trip 005.jpg

Bill Dedman trip 006.jpg

Bill Dedman trip 007.jpg

Bill Dedman trip 008.jpg

-
Back