What do you all think

-

mismy69swinger

Reaction score
I have 69 dart and live in Dallas Tx. I was thinking about putting A/C on it cause it didnt come with it. Should I try and find a factory set up or go with a after market? Where on earth would you even find a factory set up? Thanks Guys and girls and I love this site

If you went orig, it operates off of r12 refrigerant, which is now illegal...up in Canada it is anyway. I believe you could get it to convert to the legal r134 refrigerant, but would be costly. But if your car didnt come with it, and its not listed on the fendertag, then I would go aftermarket. It would be legal and you could probably get it installed properly and even though aftermarket it would look great. Probably cheaper in the long run. try googling vintage air, Ive seen them advertised in mags and on tv. Good luck!

I have 69 dart and live in Dallas Tx. I was thinking about putting A/C on it cause it didnt come with it. Should I try and find a factory set up or go with a after market? Where on earth would you even find a factory set up? Thanks Guys and girls and I love this site

The only way I would attempt to stay original would be to find a donor parts car with everything on it...... I would consider aftermarket-all new stuff plus the original compresser weighs a ton.....

Let me know what you need. I think all the so called factory units were installed by the dealer. I have several of those. They were all the under dash units. I have several.
Small Block

There was Factory Air and Dealer Air. But as has been stated before. Go aftermarket. Its MUCH better and more efficent and lighter than the period stuff.JMO
Frank

I guess after looking at some the after market is not bad and i guess it would be cooler than the older stuff. Even at 12 midnight in summer Dallas its still 90!!! :(

-
Back