What do you call this? A FrankenDart? A Fart? A Shart, perhaps?

-

65LoveAffair

Whovian
Reaction score
I like to look at this site every once in a while. They sometimes have decent Mopars, even if they are a bit overpriced. This one, however, had me scratching my head. Supposedly, it's a "1965 Dodge Dart, 70’s wild custom, one of a kind, lots of body mods, open roof, ready for summer fun, 77 firebird front nose, v8, auto, runs & drives good, dare to be different!"

What do you think went through the mind of whoever pieced this together? Too many shrooms, perhaps? Would you pay $6,950 for this?

http://www.countryclassiccars.com/html/spcars_205.htm

Attachments

• FrankenDart01.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 291
  • FrankenDart2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 272
  • FrankenDart3.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 282
  • FrankenDart4.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 285
  • FrankenDart5.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 263
  • FrankenDart6.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 269
  • FrankenDart7.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 257
  • FrankenDart8.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 281
a black engine bay?

what a surprise

what do you thin happened with the dash, got her all done and decided we don't need gauges?

I do like the sidepipes

Not crazy about the T.A front end ( just the idea of mixing G.M parts with a Mopar ) but otherwise I like it alot, I think the price is fair and I would be all over that car ( if I had the cash laying around ) if it were avail locally.

Not Again! This thing needs to be burned to the ground so we don't have to see more threads on it again...

The Monkeys hated it so much, plus it only fit two so they went with a stretched GTO. This pile languished behind Barris's shop till it was discovered in 1988.

Well it is a good place. The guy that owns the dealership is different.

He has advertised 600 cars. And most are decent enough but a few ODDBALLS

I agree, this is about the 7th thread about that pile

Think there is a competition of sorts...which can have more threads....this pile-o-crap or the Volkswagen Hell Cat or what ever that 4400 pound thing is called...

Sally Field and Burt Reynolds almost used that.

Think there is a competition of sorts...which can have more threads....this pile-o-crap or the Volkswagen Hell Cat or what ever that 4400 pound thing is called...

you could probably fill a 55 gallon drum with all the bondo that is in it

what the......They put a DAMNED Firebird front on a Dart? huh? I mean, HUH????

The interior looks GREAT, but it looks as tho they didn't add gauges, that would be needed for road inspections.....

What in the name of Christ were these people thinking?

I mean......

HUH ????????

For me it ( assuming it was done late 60s/70s )it represents a time when some of us had imagination and there was no urgency to do what everyone else was doing just cause everyone else was doing it.

I see historical significance and I would be happy to own and drive it.

Like the add says, dare to be different.

"What do you call this? A FrankenDart? A Fart? A Shart, perhaps"?

Well, it certainly isn't "Frankendart", that's for sure. "Frankendart" (and later "FrankendartII") was my screen name for ever. The Original "frankendart" (circa 1975) was my 1971 Swinger, that received a fully gusseted and tied frame, an narrowed Dana 60, and a 1968 426 Hemi with an 833-4 speed, all transplanted from my old Roadrinner.

FrankendartII was a 1972 Swinger
that was given a 400/727/8.75 treatment, back in 1978.

-
Back