What do you like BEST about working on / or restoring your car

-
You got that little Dart done yet?
Close enough, did the shake down run on Friday. Tech guy only found a missing ground on the fuel cell. Two passes and the electric water pump crapped out and the engine started cackling at 5000. Spark scattering.

Get anything done on that 318?

Close enough, did the shake down run on Friday. Tech guy only found a missing ground on the fuel cell. Two passes and the electric water pump crapped out and the engine started cackling at 5000. Spark scattering.

Get anything done on that 318?

No, just drivin' it. I'm working on another set of heads for the 360 I got from you. :D

Stainless steel Ferrea valves, 2.02/1.60, ordering some stuff today to help get them together.

It's a love-hate relationship with body work. The time it takes is killer, but seeing the end result and realizing that I did that, that I made that happen, that's what makes it worth it.

Best for me is the feeling of accomplishment after a change/repair/upgrade eventually works the way you hoped!!!!

It rarely happens the first time for me!!

I like the feeling I get driving MY Dart Sport.....and knowing all its little quirks.

I also like the attention it gets at Gas Stations, on the Highway, or sitting in the Grocery Store parking lot.

Someone is always saying "wow, thats a Duster, or a Demon"......it has never been nailed as a 74 Dart Sport....people have been close though.

( I dont like it when Chevy people ask - what year Nova' is that? )

I actually like the nuances of working on the car. It is almost spiritual.

That long walk down the driveway to the building. Opening the garage door and that smell of old car permuates everywhere. You close the garage door and it is so quiet. Just you and the car. You walk around it. Admire it's subtle lines and simplicity. You crank Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, the solo on Time makes the hair on your arms stick up. Then you dig into the day's project. Dirty, cut up, bleeding at the end of the session. You look forward to cleaning your hands with the liquid pumice soap.....just that smell of that on your hands as you take it back to the house.

I tell you.....it is a religion.

The fact that when i look at it..its done just the way i wanted it..

Seeing the Mail arrive.. New stuff always makes me happy!!

I like it when my wife says, "Don't you something to do to your car?"

With my dart it was doing something the factory couldn't like moving the big block over 3/4" and installing power steering and brakes. With the cuda its working on the car my dad worked on.

-
Back