008-3_zpsaa5273c7.jpg

custom front leaf spring mounts

024_zpsbc27baea.jpg

trans cooler mounts

008_zpsrjfwspks.jpg

010_zpsqtxlytsz.jpg

015_zpsxmrupg16.jpg

etc.

I think my favorite part is finding missing or broken parts at a good price. The search is exciting and fun especially when my daughter or one of my sons go with me looking through old car graveyards!

The car itself is all paid for and with a clear title. I was never modified and is a very honest car, that sits in my garage, one half for the car and the other for the benches and table and tools and stuff. It's pretty mellow and If I need to step back for a bit, everything is where I left it. Then it all about making connects here for help with advice, sanity checks and parts helping!!!

looking for parts but when finished is my best part....but that seems to never be getting close

Sitting in the garage and staring at my 2 Mopars, because when I drive them, I undoubtedly break something!!

each till I reach a goal, I get this glowing feeling! with a project, the first warm, fuzzy feeling comes when I clean all the mouse crab out and its fairly clean.
D A it to bare metal, and then repairing ALL the rust.
then applying coat of epoxy primer, and smoothing out dings.
the list gets LONG!!!!!

no rush. Had to push myself and finish the timing belt job on the Camry. Needed the transportation. Hauling trash away with the b'cuda wasn't going to happen.

The absolutely best part about building my 67 fastback was all the time i got to spend with my step dad hot rod valiant.

Crying myself to sleep every night because the car I started in 1996 still isn't done....oh wait you wanted positives....

I like it when you have a problem, trace it down, repair it, and it is fixed permanently.
What drives me nuts is intermittent problems.
Then there's the small upgrades and driving it as you go.
I'm not much on nut and bolt restos that take forever, i'm more of a get it on the road, make it safe, and drive it as you work on it guy.
That's the funnest part for me, bringing them back from the dead on the cheap.

Looking at my car and being able to say "I did that"
I'm not a check writer, I did it myself.

Doing everything myself and not farming everything out. Oh yea and laying rubber for blocks! Lol

That pretty much sums it up for all Dad's out there. Well done sir!!

Yea I have to agree, when my kids are there to help their old man work on his cars!

That first picture reminds me of when I got my street bike all repainted and parked out front of the house.
My oldest son (5 then and 25 now) decided to help dad with his bike and took a ball peen hammer to the gas tank. :D

This...:cheers:

I love being able to say that, "yeah, i own that car, I got it working from junk, and i use it as a daily driver now." I also love the looks I get. (The occasional girl coming up to say "cool car!" Doesn't hurt, either)
I love the feeling of uniqueness i get from driving an old car too, there seems to be less and less of them every day.
And eventually, I'll have a beautiful restored car that I own and drive, so I love that feeling of looking forward.

Love the design/build process and the satisfaction of doing it all myself. Can't complain if your not satisfied with the work!

I love the paint and body work. Funny because I have zero patients with anything in life but I find block sanding relaxing

Completing any repair. It has been several years since I have had time to work on it with 2 jobs.

-
Back