what do you need to mate 9" ford with driveshaft

-

Wilnutt

Reaction score
do you need anything to mate the 9" ford(lincoln versailles) rear to the driver shaft of a 71' demon?

i'm assuming the versailles rear will match up to the a-body ok, right?

also, how would i go about changing the bolt pattern on the versailles rear?it's disc brakes, and i need to turn it into the small bolt pattern....any price estimate???

all help is greatly appreciated

Its called a custom drive shaft,done at the local drive shaft rebuilding shop in your area.You have to get the U-jiont for the ford diff and the back section of its drive shaft and have the shop resize the your shaft or make a whole new shaft all together.Look at 3-500$ to do this.mrmopartech

didn't someone hear find a really cheap way to do it?

SMYTHGE QUOTED

"Ok I figured out the U-joints. Spicer makes a flange to a 1310 U-joint conversion yoke, then they make a 1310 / 7260 combination u-joint So here is my total so far:
rear end $175.00
a second shorter axle for $25.00
Rotors turned $25.00
New Calipers $65.00
Brake pads $25.00
Combination U-joint $22.00
Spicer flange to yoke $31.00
Misc hardware & fluid $32.00"

SO THAT'S LIKE A $60 CONVERSION, DOE STHIS PAN OUT???

If memory serves me correctly, Smythge used a 9" from an older Bronco and I'm not sure if the flange on the Versailles is the same as the one he used. You might want to check with a Ford interchange manual to see if they are the same.

MNA...There's gt to be a cost affective way to make sure when i stomp down thepedal ,the 350 horses won't break the rear end, bc i was told the 7 1/4 won't hold it...

-
Back